IBAS Timescale

thegreatdom

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/09/2018 at 1:27 PM, thegreatdom said:

Good afternoon, 

Just wondering if any one knew the timescales for an Ibas decision to be made. 

I made a complaint to them on 05/06/18 and haven’t heard back yet. Is this normal? Also have people had any success going down the Ibas route? 

Thanks

It all depends on how complicated the case is I guess, but they aren't known for their speed. :\ 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just a follow up to this if any one can help. 

I emailed asking for an update and have today received the response that ‘ Your Dispute has now been returned from the Panel with a ruling.
Once it has been signed off by the MD it will be posted out to you.’

Is this promising news or not? Signed off by the M.D, who’s that?  The fact it’s taken nearly 5 months to complete I’m not holding out much hope? 

Thanks

50 minutes ago, thegreatdom said:

Hi guys, just a follow up to this if any one can help. 

I emailed asking for an update and have today received the response that ‘ Your Dispute has now been returned from the Panel with a ruling.
Once it has been signed off by the MD it will be posted out to you.’

Is this promising news or not? Signed off by the M.D, who’s that?  The fact it’s taken nearly 5 months to complete I’m not holding out much hope? 

Thanks

Managing Director I assume. Data protection won't allow them to tell you via email most probably. Good luck. :ok 

• 9 months later...

My experience with IBAS is 3 - 6 months for a straightforward case. This usually means their ruling goes against you.

A case with some merit or some complexity tends to be escalated and the timescale may be 6 - 12 months. 

I have used them 3 times. Once I got a partial ruling in my favour (about £10), once the bookmaker caved (about £25) and the third one was a big one (about £2000) and IBAS wouldn't rule against the bookmaker despite the fact I had, what I thought was an excellent case.

Given the length of time they take and their rulings, my faith in them has been eroded.