AK's Saturday selections

630 Lingfield - Brave Dane 4/1 (totalbet, ukbetting) Is currently in good form over both flat and hurdles. Optimum distance on the flat seems to be 10furlongs with 3 out of 4 of his sucesses coming over that distance. The course will suit also, his record at Lingfield reads 11562. The 5th place was when he was looking good to complete his hatrick over todays course and distance but was denied a clear run. Was nevertheless beaten only 3 1/2 lengths. When he finished 6th the race reportedly wasnt run to suit as Brave Dane didnt get the strong gallop he needs. On this basis i will forgive him this seemingly below par effort. Although 74 is his highest rating for a while, he was only beaten a head off of a mark of 73 over an inadequate 8furlongs. This step up back to 10 furlongs should improve him and see him go close today. At 4/1 he looks like an each way bet to nothing. York 150 - Stretton 14/1, Intricate Web 12/1 (widely available) Stretton looks primed to win soon in my eyes, running off a winning mark of 78 after a fruitless spell in the early 80's. He is in the frame more often than not off this mark. Ran up a sequence of 331 when rated 78 at the back end of last season. He caught my eye 2 runs ago from a poor draw at Beverley, finishing strongly after understandably being detached in the early part of the race. Intricate Web looks in top form judged on recent runs. Ran well LTO when clearly beating his group when the field split in 2. Was previously denied at Haydock when he met trouble in running but was still only beaten 2 lenghts. I'll take a chance on him whilst he is in good nick, even though he is yet to win a class B 325 York - Wanchai Lad 7/1 (sporting odds) Nicholls has to be respected in this type of race. Wanchai Lad was eyecatching last time out when claiming 3rd place from a hopeless draw at Chester. On that occassion his run suggested he will be suited by this step up to 6furlongs and will strip fitter for his seasonal debut. The winner of that race has since won in class A listed company so the form looks solid. 505 York - Binary Vision 11/4 (sporting odds) Make of this what you will but my brother works with someone who knows the jockey R Hughes. He has been told to back this today as it is fancied to win first time out. Dont usually go for these "rumour horses" but ill have an interest as my brother thinks this guy at work is trustworthy.

AK's Saturday selections Cant believe Stretton just now, boxed in 3 furlongs out, weaving all over the place to try and get a gap and made ground when finally finding a gap 1/2 a furlong out. Ill be looking to get my money back soon - NOT HAPPY :( :(