Recipe for hangover or....

Starting the New Year with the men in white coats standing by? And I do not mean vets,breathalyser toting BHA hawks or even badly dressed Glaswegian gangsters,I mean the ones who will whip you away to the nearest padded cell for even thinking about getting involved in a Maiden Hurdle run on Heavy ground.

i am willing to take my chance with anyone wearing a white coat to put up one I think could win and possibly overpriced in Ayr's opener providing the course passes an early inspection.Ardean Lass is equiped with a first time hood tomorrow and receives weight from the fav plus her jockeys 3lb claim which combined put her within 3lb on official ratings.However the main reason for picking her to open her account under rules is the heavy ground.

She looks to me like she wants a bit further than the 2m 41/2 F tomorrow but nothing else in the race appeals as proven in the ground whereas she has shown it holds no fears,the fav has never encountered these conditions and 11/10 versus 4/1 looks too big a gap based on everything we know so far,I sense a bit of a punt happening and the trainer explaining the new headgear as the difference.It may well be the 1st time hood could make a difference but even without it I would still consider her the better value.

Individual choice obviously but I cannot see her going off much bigger than 5/2 and will be laying the fav win and place as to me looks a plodder with plenty to prove on the ground and more than one possible improver lurking.The win at 4/1 is the main tip and the lay of the fav based around the reasons given.

Good luck if you have a dabble,do the best for price & BOG is possible,just cannot see her going off 4/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.