Daily Record

GaF

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Daily Record http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/punter/tm_objectid=15718453%26method=full%26siteid=89488-name_page.html Last week of qualifying and there is a better chance of qualifying. There will be five spaces up for grabs every night this week and seven on the final qualifying night next Friday which will take the total to 100 players. The final is on Sunday the 17th July. Follow the link above for the full article which gives you the password for this week. Hopefully we could get a few more of the PL in the final bigokay.gif

Re: Daily Record You all ready for Sunday Afternoon Laidbackbloke? Anyone any advice on tactics? There will be just 100 people playing, with (by the time all 100 qualifiers are in) top 20 getting paid - with 20th place getting $500 - I presume it's best to be tight, tight, tight??

Re: Daily Record

You all ready for Sunday Afternoon Laidbackbloke?
I'm looking forward to it mate bigokay.gif Its definately the biggest tournament that I have played in .....................100 people $50' date=000 prize pool happy.gifclap.gifclap.gif
I presume it's best to be tight' date=' tight, tight??[/quote']That will pretty much be the plan, I'll be playing tight at the begining and hopefully I will manage to make the good hands i get pay.............. but thats generally how I play at the start of a tournament when the blinds are small. I'd imagine the first few rounds could be pretty tight as most people will be being cautious. The thing to remember is that you got there on merit by playing your own game ............ I watched the game when you qualified and you played some really good hands dude.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifclap.gifclap.gifhappy.gif Don't mess about with the way you play too much or become over cautious, as although you may survive for a while, its unlikely to help get into the money. Hopefully the cards will run our way on the day bigokay.gif

Re: Daily Record Bloody hell, 3rd hand of the night and it turned out to be a big 1400 pot, had an advantage over the others as I had position on them, but although I had 2 shots at the nuts, I ended up having to bluff it, with only top pair and K kicker. Got away with murder there, as I doubt I had the best hand. :o

Re: Daily Record It looks like it's going to run with just a few mins notice (and reregistration required) - could be a VERY low entry when they sort it out - was scheduled to start at 21:00 BST, but looks like thats gone now.....

Re: Daily Record I'm out frown2.gif. Got up to 3500 chips pretty quickly, then got 55 in early position. In these freerolls I like to take risks (i'd rather go out early than play conservatively but with no real chance of winning) so I went all in. Perfect outcome for me though, two guys called with AK, flop helped nobody, turn and river were the two remaining aces in the deck loon.gif. Still in the $750 freeroll though, on 23k chips. I was also playing the Sporting odds $1000 freeroll, got very lucky when my all in with A9 was called by 3 other players and i hit a runner runner straight, but then I threw it all away by reraising all in with 99 against a guy I thought was stealing my blinds. He had AA :sad so out in about 50th

Re: Daily Record

Don't mess about with the way you play too much or become over cautious' date=' as although you may survive for a while, its unlikely to help get into the money. [/quote'] Lol - not sure I'll be able to help myself, once the nerves set in and the adrenalin starts........ Very good luck to you...........35 mins and counting........

Re: Daily Record happy.gif I had AA I re-raised a guy in front of me, the flop came Jxx he put in a big bet, I went all-in, he called and turned over QJ, turn was a blank but gave a third spade on the board.......he had the jack of spades...... I thought oh shit here we go .................... then realised I had the Ace laugh4.gif River comes a spade, i win with the nut flush laugh4.gif The heart was beating pretty fast though as I'd have been first out if I'd lost the handloon.gif what did i say about playing tight to start withroll.gif

Re: Daily Record Well this is completely different to anything I've played before - I can't believe that after half an hour the field of 100 is only down to 95......... There was one very poor player on my table - he went quickly, but everyone else looks like they're going to be around for a while. My chip stack is down to 2060 - so I've lost 440 - haven't had a thing yet..... Laidbackbloke is on 4940 chips - slipped to 5th place - come on m8 - 5th is "only" worth $3000........