2.35 Sandown

Looking at past results it appears a high draw is a big advantage over this mile trip at Sandown. Of those drawn in double figures, the one that looks to have the most solid claims is Pentecost. This race is on his agenda every season including a win last year, albeit off a 10lb lower mark. He does seem to have his best chance of victory in conditions races these days and although you'd question the horse's chance of winning this race he looks very good for a place bet at just under 5/2 on the exchanges. Eden Rock could easily be in a different league to these rivals. The run at York meant absolutely nothing in my eyes because of the huge draw bias and I'll probably be saying 9/2 was big price after the race although I won't be backing the Stoute/Fallon charge.

Re: 2.35 Sandown Im trying to size ths race up at the moment Mabbs and its proving tricky! One thing i will say is that I dont think the racing post have done their homework by napping HELM BANK. Your very own Trainbairn on EBA made the point a couple of weeks back that he is one to bet on when racing on a straight track as ALL his wins have come on this track configuration . Consequently, I wouldnt fancy backing him at Sandown although he is well handicapped. Anyway back to the form study....

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.