** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2017 U.S. Open

Bamford

Long, tough (goes without saying) and with an undoubtedly links feel. Erin Hills will be a stern-test this week. Thunderstorms may soften the course a little more than the USGA would like, but with constant win in-play and a forecast which will see temperatures up into the 28-30 degree Celsius bracket. this is unlikely to become Congressional 2011. However with the purest of A4 Bentgrass putting surfaces and with Mike Davis saying that more putts will be made here than we have seen for a long while at the US Open, we could potentially see a number of players strategising their way around to a mid single-digit under par closing total. As with any US Open I have gone for players who are clearly confident with their driver and approach play, and who have ranked well in the All-Round category in their last appearance. So muy selections are:

Jason Day 14/1, Justin Thomas 33/1, Branden Grace 50/1, Kevin Kisner 55/1, Kevin Chappell 66/1 and Shane Lowry 70/1 

My team  and bets for this as follows......

MATSUYAMA E/W 40/1 1/4 1-5 & 33/1 1/4 1-6---His form has tailed off a bit since agood start to the season but capable of win a major i think so hoping he can put up a real good show this week

FOWLER E/W 40/1 & 33/1 1/4 1-5 --He will win a majar it just a matter of when!!!

McILROY 14/1 1/5 8PLACES--- Comes here fresher than most  can be said will he be match fit? i think so 14/1 aint too shabby a price.

HUN-AN 125/1 1/5 8PLACES-- Has got himself in good positions to win a tourney this year but then thrown it away lwith  by double bogeysi or worse late on can go on a bidie spree and is capable of very low scoring round.

McDOWELL 150/1 1/5 8PLACE-- knows how to win a US open playing a lot better this year could be a big outsider that goes really well this week.

OUTHER BETS

SPEITH OR McILROY TO WIN 15/2

1ST RD LEADER  SPIETH WIN  25/1 McILROY E/W 25/1

SHANE LOWRY TO WIN A MAJOR IN 2017 40/1

McILROY WIRE TO WIRE WINNER 80/1

SPIETH WIRE TO WIRE 100/1

ALBATROSS IN COMP 12/1

Good Luck All

3 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

My team  and bets for this as follows......

MATSUYAMA E/W 40/1 1/4 1-5 & 33/1 1/4 1-6---His form has tailed off a bit since agood start to the season but capable of win a major i think so hoping he can put up a real good show this week

FOWLER E/W 40/1 & 33/1 1/4 1-5 --He will win a majar it just a matter of when!!!

McILROY 14/1 1/5 8PLACES--- Comes here fresher than most  can be said will he be match fit? i think so 14/1 aint too shabby a price.

HUN-AN 125/1 1/5 8PLACES-- Has got himself in good positions to win a tourney this year but then thrown it away lwith  by double bogeysi or worse late on can go on a bidie spree and is capable of very low scoring round.

McDOWELL 150/1 1/5 8PLACE-- knows how to win a US open playing a lot better this year could be a big outsider that goes really well this week.

OUTHER BETS

SPEITH OR McILROY TO WIN 15/2

1ST RD LEADER  SPIETH WIN  25/1 McILROY E/W 25/1

SHANE LOWRY TO WIN A MAJOR IN 2017 40/1

McILROY WIRE TO WIRE WINNER 80/1

SPIETH WIRE TO WIRE 100/1

ALBATROSS IN COMP 12/1

Good Luck All

I like the Spieth bet for First round leader as he has played on the course before

How about another selection of Jason Day as First round leader as he loves the US Open and he starting to play well again

Jason Day First Round Leader 25/1 paddy power

Fair point when i  looked at all my bets i did think i should have covered Day in some shape or form but done enough now will pass on him but agree with you he has a big chance this week  i dont fancy DJ at all he has gone off the boil and at around 7 or 8/1 thats so stingy from the bookies imo .

US Open Final Round bets

Straight Forecast

Justin Thomas, Rickie Fowler 18/1 paddy power

A playoff in the US Open 7/4 paddy power

Three man playoff 8/1 paddy power

Four man playoff 40/1 paddy power

I think that it is going to be really close tonight as their is only one shot between First and Fourth. So i have a feeling that Thomas might pip Fowler to the title as Fowler seems not to play his best in the final round and Thomas looks like he is capable of winning his first major

Edited by owenclass