Racing Chat - Saturday (Inc Scoop6)

Tote Scoop6

There was no winner of the Scoop6 on last Saturday. This is great news for you as the Win fund starts at £165,849 and the bonus fund at £258,731. Both these totals will grow rapidly as more stakes are placed.

totepool predict the combined win and bonus fund should be worth around £500,000!

Saturday’s bet is all from Aintree with all legs 2-5 to be shown live on ITV.

totepool spokesman Andrew Griffiths said “Scoop6 punters will need their A-game on Saturday with the nation’s favourite race – the Grand National – the penultimate obstacle en route to a potential £500,000 payday.”

Races

58e781dcdd705_ScreenShot2017-04-07at13.1

Selections

Leg 1: Barney Dwan 7/1 Skybet
All 6 races are at Aintree and the opening leg is a 3m Hurdle with 22 runners. Desert Cry is in the form of his life and can go close while top weight Zarkander has to be respected here at Aintree. I like Barney Dwan and No Comment with slight preference for the O'Brien runner.

Leg 2: Lough Derg Spirit 6/1 Skybet
Grade 1 action and the return of Finians Oscar after a slight set back that made him miss the Neptune. If fully fit he will be the one to beat but on this occasion i'm going for the Henderson horse Lough Derg Spirit

Leg 3: Starchitect 13/2 Paddy Power
3m Handicap Chase is next on the agenda and plenty that ran at the Cheltenham Festival doing battle. Starchitect goes well on this track and was a good 5th last time. Of the others Value At Risk has a big handicap in him while Henri Parry Morgan is looking well handicapped.

Leg 4: Yanworth 7/4 Skybet
Probably the easiest leg out of the six. Yanworth is on a recovery mission here after a poor effort in the Champion Hurdle. This trip should suit and has the Irish raiders Supersundae and Snow Falcon to beat.

Leg 5: Cause Of Causes 14/1 Paddy Power
This has been covered in the National thread but suffice to say its a nightmare of a race to pick the winner of. I have a shortlist of about six and Cause Of Causes is just about at the top of that. At bigger prices I like Houblon Des Obeaux and Highland Lodge.

Leg 6: Born Survivor 15/2 Betfair
Well if you got through to this stage you deserve a medal. The last leg is a Conditional Jockey contest with 19 runners. I like the top weight Born Survivor as he's been running well in decent races and has Bridget Andrews on board who has ridden him before, which counts a lot here.

:ok

4.20 Aintree

Yanworth NAP 2/1 Skybet

Top class performer who disappointed in Champion Hurdle, should be suited by this big step up in trip, the one to beat. Always had a few problems with his jumping but this slower pace will help i'm sure. Alan King has not had the best of times but one or two of his have run better lately and can return to the winners enclosure with this one.