** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bet365 $20K Freerolls In July

Run Dmc Vs Pat Nevin

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bet365 $20K Freerolls In July I'm surprised only five of us bothered to have a go at all five. Cashed in two out of five times (even if they were piddly amounts) but my worst fears were affirmed finishing a pitiful 4296th on Saturday night. 1650th place average? Not good enough although I suppose I should be kind of pleased. I got bluffed out of a huge 2850 pot early on when some cnut bluffed by betting big on the river when there were four clubs (three on the flop and one on the river) and I didn't go all-in on the flop when I should have, holding a fooking 36c in the big blind. Fooker even shows his KsTd to silently goad me. Fooker. Can't be too unhappy considering I was having a go at the Ladbrokes Cruise Mania freeroll (rubbish, finished around the 400s) and Betfred $500 and $750 freerolls at the same time (not fun on one piddly laptop screen). I think I would have gone off my rocker from a poker overdose if I had a go at the Expect and the PL Party Poker freerolls as well! :lol :loon

Re: Bet365 $20K Freerolls In July

Personally I think the league standings should only count for those that have entered at least 2 tourneys.;)
Agreed - I'd already thought about that a little - I'd actually decided on 3 - I think 2 is too few........ (sorry Plow - but for the moment "I'm making the rules up as I go along")!!!) - which makes you WFTE the first champion!!! The same doesn't apply to the wooden spoon (not JUST because it was Paul) - but I don't want people to "benefit" through not playing if they have a bad first week!!
Hall of Fame
WinnerWooden Spoon
Bet365 FreerollsJul-05WFTEPaul Ross
????Aug-05????????
I'd like to continue doing this - monthly tournaments like this - not necessarily freerolls and not necessarily Saturdays - but not expensive MTT's (I don't want people to be discouraged by cost) - the idea is more the social/competitive side than the financial side. Any thoughts/recommendations on which tournaments look interesting for August? Bet365 isn't ideal because it's such a nightmare to keep track of others.....No prizes (other than what you win in the tourney) - just PL pride and bragging rights!!! This isn't intended to "compete" with the PL league either - this is less serious (?? - lol), more short term and different from the perspective of being in a public MTT rather than a private room. Some quick suggestions for possible candidates (I'm more tempted to go for one of the companies that have supported PL with freerolls - so Betfair and Party Poker - but I wouldn't totally discount others if there are interesting tournaments - like the Bet365 freerolls)..... Betfair 20:00 Daily (maybe choose the Thurdays) £2 + £0.25 Nothing special in itself (we'll make it special though!!!) - just a standard MTT - doesn't seem to be much promotional work going on at Betfair at the moment..... Party Poker Their tournament schedule for August is changing and it's not published yet - I'll have a look on Monday and update here.... Any other suggestions? Know of any good promos for August? Any other thoughts on this? Final thing - any good (creative) suggestions for a title for this tourney? I will leave it here for the moment, but I'll start a new thread when we have a better idea/concensus on how to proceed with this.......

Re: Bet365 $20K Freerolls In July Cheers m8 - I've copied the last message to a new thread....... Hope you're still going well in PP (haven't looked in for a while) - last time I saw you were up to 12,000.....You hit the money ($50 - lol) about 4 am usually!!!!