The Poker Den - Challenge TV, Friday nights LIVE at 10pm

stereoman

Challenge are making a mini hoo-hah over the fact that it's six genuine poker players stumping up their own cash (£8500) in taking part in what's essentially a six-player shootout until only one's left. It's OK although watching it LIVE last week was a bit wearisome as they had to thumb through those £50 notes like crazy every time there was s substantial bet/raise. ....didn't finish until 2am (hardly surprising. It's almost a different mindset when playing with chips compared to real cash). Last week Robert Cooper beat Ronnie O'Sullivan after clawing back a 2-to-1 deficit in chips when heads-up. ....some feat when he flipped trips on the river to win the thing after calling Ronnie's all-in as O'Sullivan held top pair and Cooper was holding middle pair. Stan James, I think is the only bookie offering odds for tonight's match-up: Cooper, Robert 3/1 Kallakis, Achilleas 4/1 Paskin, Barny 5/1 Nejad, Kouresh 5/2 Greco, Michael 8/1 Ellacin, Sam 5/1 Stan James didn't go live for betting in-running last week though (I assume they're still waiting for Ladbrokes Poker Million III - Live Final when Sky Sports show that in August).

Re: The Poker Den - Challenge TV, Friday nights LIVE at 10pm Yeah, it was the snooker champ. It seems like they get a celebrity and five poker pros (adding a celebrity to show a. if they can mix it with the pros and b. add them into the mix in the hope it attracts more of a wandering late night audience). .....if I didn't know any better, I think the celebs are on a freeroll (must be paid an appearance fee or are their egos are certainly in check). Tony G was fun to watch (as was Toran Nicholls) last week although he must be a bit of a 'mare to have to endure if you're at the table with him having to suffer all that table talk! :lol I don't think these lot will give Michael Greco much time to stretch his legs! :)