Saturday Racing (Scoop6, Ayr Gold Cup etc.)

Scoop6 

This week the Win Fund starts at £145,497 after nobody got the six winners last week although 12 punters di get through to the last leg! The Bonus is on £32,851 and don't forget the Place Dividend which paid £65 last week to over 350 winners.

This weeks action is from Ayr and Newbury and includes both the Gold and Silver Cups just for starters!!

57dbf1ebe832a_ScreenShot2016-09-16at14.2

Selections:

Leg 1: 2.00 Ayr Partita 4/1 Bet365

A Group 3 2yo contest to start the ball rolling and plenty of runners which have a chance of sorts. The top rated horse and favourite is Bletchley who not totally disgraced when 6th at Newmarket last time in better company. Partita is improving and won nicely at Chester last time, Sir Michael Stoute has booked Pat Sullen here and she may be the answer.

Leg 2: 2.35 Ayr: George Bowen 14/1 Bet365

The Consolation race for the Ayr Gold Cup and a maximum field of 25 runners. A lot will take about the draw and on the trends its the high numbers that have been most successful when there has been cut in the ground. My personal fancy for this is George  Bowen from the Fahey yard, he was second in this last year and has been going well of late.

Leg 3:  2.50 Newbury Gold Prince 20/1 Paddy Power

20-runner handicap over 10f and with the recent rain in the Newbury area this could be run on heavy ground. Most of these will hope it dries up a bit but a couple who could out run their prices are Sir Roderick and Gold Prince. I prefer the latter as he has a heavy ground victory here and ha been running ok lately.

Leg 4: 3.10 Ayr Two For Two 9/1 William Hill

A Class 2 handicap over a mile and the two 3yo's Garcia and Morando dominate the betting and are improving youngsters. The value may lie with Two For Two who has won on this ground before and has dropped below his last winning mark. ran well last time out so is in good nick and like this track too.

Leg 5: 3.25 Newbury Spirit Quartz 15/2 Skybet

A Group 3 sprint over 5f and this won't take long despite the softening ground. Cotai Glory won't mind the soft going but you need a leap of faith to follow him after a poor effort last time out. Spirit Quartz is in good form and he may be the pick of the Cowell runners on this surface and just gets the nod.

Leg 6: 3.45 Ayr Ayr Gold Cup Teruntum Star 16/1 Bet365

Big betting race of the day is the Ayr Gold Cup and it gets more and more like a Group race with a horse needing almost a rating of 100 just to get a run. Its a wide open contest and any of a dozen would easily win it. I think Kevin Ryan is going well just now so i'm swing with his Teruntum Star who come here after a break. He has booked Pat Smullen , drawn well in 16 and goes on the ground.

:ok

1.45 Newbury

Dartmouth 2/1 Skybet/Coral

Not many runners here but i think the favourite Dartmouth looks the one to beat. The 4yo has to give weight away all round but is the top rated runner in the contest by some way. Ryan Moore takes the ride after missing his last two starts which is a bonus and if he can reproduce his Ascot run he will take care of this opposition.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.