Saturday Racing - (Inc Eclipse, Scoop6 etc...)

3.45 Sandown: Eclipse Stakes

Verdict;

A decent enough renewal although it has yet to be proved if we horses of the calibre of past winners Golden Horn, Sea The Stars or Nathaniel in the line up. The Gurkha could certainly reach those dizzy heights if he could build on his French Guineas win but he was beaten last time out in soft ground. The step up in trip is likely to suit if you look at his breeding but the trainer has expressed concerns with the ground again. My Dream Boat is the main danger as he has everything in his favour, he likes the track, he has won over the trip and loves a bit of cut in the ground.

Selection: My Dream Boat @ 7/2 Skybet

Full Preview

250 Haydock : Old Newton Cup

Verdict:

Not the greatest renewal in my opinion and there seems to be a lot of out of form horses lining up here. The favourite Duretto is a solid enough choice and should run another decent race following his 5th at Epsom lately. He has been well backed the last twice now and not delivered so I’m not keen on taking a short price about him.

At first sight I thought the top weight First Sitting was just too high in the weights to win a big handicap like this but after going through the opposition I can see a case for him on this occasion. Of the others Darshini, Penglai Pavilion and Snoano should run well and could and I wouldn’t put you off backing any of them for a place.

Selection: Click Here To Bet First Sitting EW @ 8/1

Full Preview

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.