Tuesday Racing - Ascot Day 1

3.40 Ascot: King's Stand Stakes

Verdict:

A cracking renewal on the cards here and I would think the likes of Acapulco and Take Cover will make sure this is fast and furious from the off. The ground looks to be the deciding factor for a few of these and that’s unfortunate and the three to concentrate on have to be Mecca’s Angel, Profitable and Jungle Cat. I don’t think Profitable is getting full credit for his two victories so far but he has done nothing wrong and cant see why he’s almost twice the price of the mare Mecca’s Angel. At the prices Jungle Cat is the value call although he does need to improve slightly to beat the other two.

Selection: Click Here To Bet Jungle Cat EW @ 25/1

Full Preview

4.20 Ascot: St James Palace Stakes

Verdict:

A mouth-watering clash of the three Classic winners from Newmarket, Deauville and the Curragh. Galileo Gold has been beaten since in the Irish Guineas and I think he will struggle to reverse that form with Awtaad on this ground. His only hope I feel would have been if it was a bit drier as the other two prefer cut in the ground.

The question is whether The Gurkha’s form in France adds up to much, he was very impressive and ultimately that is why I’m coming down on his side this time. I don’t think the race was anything that great but he demolished them in the manner of a very good horse. Emotionless has to be respected too but after his absence he would have to be some horse to win this first time out.

Selection: Click Here To Bet The Gurkha @ 6/4

Full Preview

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.