Saturdays Racing (inc Temple Stakes, Irish 2000 Guineas, Auteuil, Scoop6 ...)

4.10 Haydock:  Temple Stakes 

Verdict:

This race is all about the ground for me, if the forecast rain arrives then Mecca’s Angel looks more than good enough, that would also put Goldream out of calculations as he wants it on the firm side. Muthmir has threatened to land one of these big sprints and apart from his Goodwood win we are still waiting for him to take off while Waady should go well along with the 3yo Kachy. If it stays dry which is unlikely then I would expect the favourite to be withdrawn and then it would be a very open contest indeed.

Selection:  Mecca’s Angel @ 5/2 Bet365

(If abs: Kachy EW @ 16/1 Paddy Power)

Full Preview

5.40 Curragh: Irish 2000  Guineas

Verdict:

An intriguing race that should just boil down to a battle between the top two in the market. Guineas hero Galileo Gold will be all the rage after Newmarket and should have no problems confirming that form with the 4th Air Vice Marshall. He needs cut in the ground to show his best form so will need a drop of rain ideally and I’m also not sure this smaller field will play to his strengths. With one or two doubts in the back of my mind the short price isn’t looking that appealing to me and I’d sooner take a chance on Air Force Blue coming back to form.

He was superb last season and it’s hard to see how he can go from that to what we saw at Newmarket. The tongue-tie has gone and I’m prepared to give a horse of his calibre one bad run.

Selection:  Air Force Blue @ 11/4 Skybet

Full Preview

• BillyHills changed the title to Saturdays Racing (inc Temple Stakes, Irish 2000 Guineas, Auteuil, Scoop6 ...)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.