Wednesday racing (Chester cup)

Chester cup 

Le maitre chat   99.34

Steve Rogers   99.26

Duke of Clarence  99.24 

Surprisingly from a ratings perspective this is a no-brainer bet .,,,Steve Rogers fav but having won lot he's penalised so no value ...Duke of Clarence represents r fahey and he has a good record in this so respected but I personally don't think he's good enough for this .....so that leaves le maitre chat who has good form at extended distances especially his run against grumeti which was top draw and I think at 16/1 ? He's been seriously underestimated and just looks value against this favourite ....roll the dice 

Le maitre chat   10 pts ew 16/1 lads 

We must be reading from the same page;

I did this earlier;

One I like is Le Maître Chat (16/1 Coral) trained by Ian Williams who won this race wit Bulwark in 2008. He was also responsible for most of the work with Il De Re before he won in 2012. This horse was a creditable 6thin the Cesarewitch and was finishing as well as any that day. He has other decent place form at Goodwood and York and will relish this type of trip. He is drawn well in stall 7 and as long as he doesn’t get behind early he looks to have a cracking chance off a mark of 93.

Full Preview

2.40 Chester: Cheshire Oaks

Verdict:

History tells us that winners of this race come here with already having a run under their belt tis season and of those that have the Aiden O’Brien trained Somehow has by far the best form. She won well last time out and by the way his fillies’ performed at Newmarket last week we have to think this one is useful too, being the only runner from Ballydoyle. The top one Dessertoflife has some fair form in the book and could be the one to chase home the favourite but she hasn’t run for over 200 days. The unexposed Diamonds Pour Moi should appreciate the step up in trip but is an unknown quantity and doesn’t offer any real value at around 5/1.

Selection:  Somehow @ 11/10 William Hill

Full Preview

Slightly different tact on this one ...we are all aware of the draw bias at Chester so as this is 5f I'll rate just the bottom 6 draws as there's around an 83% probability the winner will come from one of those draws ......the ratings come out as follows 345 chester

Stall 

1  99.12

2 99.16

3 99.25

4 99.02

5 99.06

6 99.19

Looks as though this is between kimbrella and Avon breeze and as the statistics favour and improve the closer to the rail you get then it's obvious the horse I want to be on is Nicholls ..kimbrella ...he was behind the fav last time but I think that was a warm up and he's much better than that and I'd be hopeful he can turn that form around with perfect conditions.....bookies aren't taking any chances only offering best price 7/1 at the mo ...I had thought he would be bigger but still a good bet so lets see what happens ..

Kimbrella 10pts ew 7/1 will hill 

Edited by richard-westwood

In the olden days Barry Hills used to target the Chester May Meeting for his better 3yo who were going on run in the classics and group races

In the hope that his son is intending to resurrect that tradition I'm interested in.......

2.40 - Moorside - EW, currently 11/1 best price

Cheshire oaks

The Hills runner is a lightly raced filly with 2 outings in Newmarket maidens last back end. Not in the Oaks but entered at Royal Ascot, owned by Khalid Abdullah

On 03/05/2016, 12:10:42, richard-westwood said:

Slightly different tact on this one ...we are all aware of the draw bias at Chester so as this is 5f I'll rate just the bottom 6 draws as there's around an 83% probability the winner will come from one of those draws ......the ratings come out as follows 345 chester

Stall 

1  99.12

2 99.16

3 99.25

4 99.02

5 99.06

6 99.19

Looks as though this is between kimbrella and Avon breeze and as the statistics favour and improve the closer to the rail you get then it's obvious the horse I want to be on is Nicholls ..kimbrella ...he was behind the fav last time but I think that was a warm up and he's much better than that and I'd be hopeful he can turn that form around with perfect conditions.....bookies aren't taking any chances only offering best price 7/1 at the mo ...I had thought he would be bigger but still a good bet so lets see what happens ..

Kimbrella 10pts ew 7/1 will hill 

First one was a let down but kimbrella does the business ....around 105pts returned ...nice when a plan comes together