Table Etiquette - Your Views

bobsyerunkle

Just wondering what the general opinion is regarding table manners and the slating ( or as in what you're about to read, ganging up to abuse someone on the table) which goes on. The following happened to me yesterday on Pacific but at least I had the last laugh. Playing a 20 seater $8 NL tourney, start stack 800 chips. First hand I'm in small blind, folded 2nd hand Everyone folds to me, with only sb and bb to go I call with my 10 3 suited Sb calls bb checks on flop I hit 2 more diamonds, possible flush, check, check, check, Turn rag, 1 bets minimum, 1 folds , I call (bear in mind I have gambled 40 out of my remaining 790 chips on this hand so far) River I hit my flush, figuring out my opponent probably has top pair at best, I bet 150 chips, he calls and mucks, my pot. Then the following occurs A - What the **** you calling with 10 3 for? A - ****in Idiot Me - For your information knobjockey, there was only me and the blinds it was worth a small bet , suited cards A - We love players like you, asshole, keep playing every suited hand, Then muppet B joins in B - Yeh, keep playin your Ace high til the river too, hehe, A - See you on the final table, yeh right , hehe B - We can't complain though, A, he's donating his money to the pot, hehe A - Yeh, he could have spent the money on a book on how to play poker, hehe Me - BTW, did I win the pot?? I just shut up then, I was wound up but not on the tilt, I just played very tight after that Though when muppet B went out I said ' One idiot down, one to go' Got to the final table with muppet A , I was chip leader, I let him steal my bb once, then when I was about 4 /1 chip stacked on him, I think he had about 2600 chips left he raised 1200 to steal my bb again, I had A9s and called him all in, a correct read as he folded straight away, but I had damaged him. A couple of hands later he went bust to another player, just scraping his $8 back, lost his rake though. Couldn't resist a 'See ya Champ' . LOVELY!! Went out in the head to head, had KJ ,he had A2 and hit a 2, but I got $40 , a nice profit of $31.20. Any thoughts, similar experiences with obnoxious yanks behaviour? Oh, the 10 3 s , not a hand I would have played if a couple had called b4 me, but for such a low percentage of my chip stack I didn't think it was too wrong, I certainly wouldn't have called with only 5 players left and BB 1000 chips, your thoughts please

Re: Table Etiquette - Your Views love it ! it seems a day doesnt go by without one of us coming up against a bolshy Yank who thinks he knows how the game should be played. Its funny, American players complain about Europeans (including Brits) coming over and not gambling enough in poker games ?!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.