Monthly Naps Comp, ''Thursday'' 28th Jan 2016

Sou 2.10 - Sleepy Blue Ocean - EW at 16/1 bog wm hill

5f sprint handicap

my selection is a veteran now but is a multiple CD winner who's not badly handicapped if putting his best foot forward,

Ran poorly last time but drops back in class today and has the favoured draw in stall one

Lots of front runners here should ensure a decent pace and my horse can come with a late run if he doesn't get too far behind (as happened last time)

200 Fakenham: Weststreet 11/4 Skybet/Hills

Staying hurdle for novices and the three with penalties are the ones to concentrate on. Girly Girl led all the way for her victory but was then well beaten behind Myska in a decent race at Taunton. That was very heavy going and she should be able to dictate better here, she should go close but the overall form of Weststreet looks much better to me.

He won at Southwell when stepped up in trip and ran well at Kempton last time in a much better race than this one, a reproduction of that will win this i think. Road To Freedom is a 115 chaser and although this race isn't great he may need  a bit more than that to win it. Of the three i do like Weststreet, The course does bother me slightly but he won a bumper over 2m so has a bit of toe as well as stamina so he should be ok.

5.30 Chelmsford

Really good race for the grade with all of them bringing a very good level of form to the table. San Quentin has been in good form recently including winning over CD last time out, steps out of class 6 for the first time today under a further 6lb rise. Sure to go well but upwards curve needs to continue sharply.

Daisy Boy has first time tongue tie on today after a good effort in 2nd last time out at Lingfield, back after a short break again which slight concern but the step up in trip looks sure to suit given the way he finished last time out over slightly shorter. Perhaps still little high in the handicap.

Aurmerle has won his last 2 starts over CD, latest under this jockey this race looks stronger though under a 4lb rise in the weights and also young apprentice can only claim 5lb this time so effectively 6lb higher today.

Dakota City comes from the inform Julia Feilden yard, he won last time out at Kempton over 1m3f in really good style finishing his race really well. Julia has not hidden the fact she thinks he will potentially be even better over further on her blog and he finally gets his chance to try. The race he won last time out is working out well with the 2nd bolting up next time out in a maiden and the 4th running very well since in handicap. That makes the 4lb rise in the handicap look very lenient and should go well.

1pt win Dakota City 7/2 bet365