Monthly Naps Comp, ''Wednesday'' 27th Jan 2016

3.20 Bang - Preseli Rock - win at 6/4 bog bet365

Novice hurdle

My selection has the best form and acts on heavy ground. Has been looking a real staying type so the extra yardage should suit

He's still a maiden after 4 bumpers and 2 novice hurdles and after going off favourite 3 times......the Post is suggesting that he might be a bit ungenuine but I'm not seeing that.........I just think he's come up against decent types and this is a lot easier.

Main rival appears to be Battle Dust who looks a trier but has been running in worse races than my selection

LINGFIELD 3 45 : Activation @ 10/1  bet365 e/w thanks

Activation......from Hughie Morrison yard the 4yo has been on the go nearly non stop as he's had 20 runs to date and only seven placed finishes two on turf and five on AW ,

His latest outing at Kempton AW over 2m in December last year some 42 days ago when finishing 2nd to Golly Miss Molly who was 11/4 fav that day , He was beaten 1.75 lengths where he led but was overtaken by winner in final furlong but did battle to keep 2nd place with young Charlie Bennett claiming 7lbs off mark 48 ,

The handicapper puts horse up to 49 for todays run and Charlie Bennett keeps the ride and still gets 7lb allowance

1.10 Thurles - Cradle Mountain @ 6/4 Bet365

Swamp Fox beat Cradle Mountain by half a length last time but only because the latter made a mistake at the last before staying on strongly to press the runner up at the line. With a run over hurdles under his belt and Barry Geraghty taking over for his only ride of the day I can see the form being reversed.

225 Catterick: Desert Cry 9/1 Boylesports

Pains me to tip a McCain horse as i think he's over rated but you cant ignore this old fellow off 135. He might not be the force of old but i did see signs of his old ability at Ayr last time out where the ground was horrible. I'm sure he has another win in him if placed right and as i don't fancy anything else over the jumps today i'll give him a tentative vote.

Bangor is off (waterlogged)

5.40 Kemp - Fern Owl - win at 13/8 bog betvictor

12F handicap

Concentrating on the the two lightly raced 4yo here who both appear to be progressive and who head the market

Interesting as they ran against each other last time, finishing first and second with a head between them and the second now a pound better off. So nothing in it on handicap terms

I'm going with my selection, who won that race, to confirm placings as my reading of the two is that he will be better suited by the extra 2 furlongs.........he looks to have more stamina

Just one winner so far - Cairnhill Diamond 8/1 EW :ok

(just make sure the odds are available when posting please)

Later bets;

On 26 January 2016 at 17:51:08, Jimmy2shoes said:

19:10 Kempton Park - Let it Go.  1pt Win Bet @ 33/1 Bet365

9 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

2010 kempton

1pt win mrs burbridge 5/1 bet365

Corky's bet in yesterdays thread:ok