** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

The Masters - Jan 10th to 17th

owenclass

• 3 weeks later...

4pts N.Robertson to win the Masters 9/2 Coral
The boys on form and I see him winning this tournament. His draw sees him away from Ronnie and I must admit I don't think he'll have Ronnie in the finals anyway. My only worry is Judd in the next round. Judd has been on some good form too in the Champions league so I actually think the winner of that match will go on here. Robbo for me to go one step further than last year. 

4pts S.Maguire to beat J.Trump 6/4 Bet365
2pts S.Maguire (over 0.5 centuries) 11/4

... and saying that there is too much value on Maguire to beat Judd. Last year these two met and Maguire took it 6-4. I think either way this is going to be a close one and it will depend on Judds long shots. I'm also taking Maguire to have atleast 1 century. Seems a nice price and I imagine there should be a fair few frames for him to do it in.

Id fancy Hawkins to edge Perry but the odds don't really look like anything special so I'm leaving that match.

4pts R O'Sullivan -2.5 frames to beat Mark Williams Evens BetFred

I fancy Ronnie to start off pretty standard here and win by about 6-2 / 6-3 job. He won 8 out of 8 in the champs league group stage recently and that had some good players in including the likes of Higgins. I think evens is a decent enough price for Ronnie here with the handicap

Poor start so far. Hopefully get a few right today. 

Bit of value first with 2pts Wenbo to beat Higgins at 11/4 BetvictorIt is bit of a gamble ofcourse as the head-2-head looks awful for Wenbo but he is in such good form right now that I think it's worth the bet. He got to the final of the UK Championships and the Semi Final of the European Tour. He beat the likes of Selby and Judd Trump along the way to these two tournaments. If he carries that confidence that sees him win 13 of his last 15 then he could win here. Higgins on the other hand has won just 3 of his last 9 however ofcourse he always turns it on for the big tournaments. I wont be going high stakes here it's a pure punt.

5.5pts on Neil Robertson -1.5 8/11 Coral will be the other bet. I've tipped Robertson to win this event and alot of that is because of how good his form is right now. Winning the UK Championship including a 6-0 thrashing of Mark Selby, 6-1 to Maguire and beating Wenbo 10-5 when many would argue Wenbo was playing the snooker of his life. Any form of that ilk will win this event for him. Selby has started brilliantly so Robertson needs to have his form and I think he will start strongly here. 6-4 at worst. 

Today we start the Quarter-finals : 

5pts M.Selby to beat R O'Sullivan 5/4 Betfred
4pts Over 1.5 Centuries 6/5 Bet365
2pts M.Selby -1.5 frames to beat R O'Sullivan 15/8 Bet365

A few bets in this one. I fancy Selby to come through this with a few frames to spare. O'Sullivan, no doubt on his A game would win this but I think based on the previous matches it shows he isn't and there is no way he is practicing like he used to in my opinion. Last four head-2-heads have it 2 each. Ronnie beat Selby in the Masters in 2014 final. Selby repaid the favour by beating Ronnie to become world champion. I think Selbys safety wins it for him today. I'm also going for over 1 century as both can clear in one sitting when around the balls.

4pts M.Allen -1.5 frames to beat B.Hawkins 11/10 WillHill
Allen looked on good form against Murphy and Id fancy him to win this one with a little to spare also. They played eachother end of last year and Allen won 4-2. I see a 6-3/6-4 job here and it wouldn't surprise me if we see a couple of centuries from Allen also.

Well that was awful tipping. Apologies to all. Hopefully claw some back today. 

I will leave the Trump V Robertson match as I have the outright and it's a very hard one to call that. I will however take Higgins on the handicap as everything he was hitting was going in in the previous match. Higgins has won the last 5 in a row between these two so I'd expect him to see this through with a couple to spare.

5pts J.Higgins -1.5 frames Evens Bet365