Monthly Naps Comp Sunday 27th December

Trotter

Leop 1.15 - Sizing granite - EW at 14/1 bog betvictor

Grade 1 Chase over 2 miles

With Un des Sceaux a well odds on favourite I'm realistically trying to sneak an EW (small field, quarter odds, 2 places) here at inflated evening before the race odds. UdS is making his seasonal debut and he Fell on his seasonal debut last year, his only defeat. If you were clutching at straws you might wonder how fit he'll be now when his aim is Cheltenham in 3 months........and if he's not fully wound up could he be vulnerable to a lazy jump ?

My selection looks 2nd best having won a grade 1 last year and only narrowly gone down to a race fit rival on his seasonal debut. He's won over CD and acts on soft ground

Clarcam also won a grade one last season but he's looked out of sorts this time round and has run worse in each of his 3 runs

British raider Simply Ned is second best on official figures but he's never won outside novice and handicap company

Flemenstar and Hidden Cyclone are past their prime now and it would be a surprise if they beat the younger horses

My horse looks booked for 2nd and could win if the favourite underperforms or falls.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.