Monthly Naps Comp, Wednesday, 11th Nov 2015

robertob

6.40 Kempton: Class 6 Nursery, 1m

Despite the widest draw, which is hardly an advantage, lightly raced Ripoll makes appeal at quite a big price, given that I would have expected him much shorter after an excellent Nursery debut at Wolverhampton eight days ago. The form of that particular race looks quite strong if seen in the right context, as I felt quite a number of those finishing behind the winner ran promising that day.

Ripoll doesn't stand out pedigree wise, though he should theoretically appreciate the drop in trip. The 9.5f at Wolverhampton stretched his stamina, though he ran on well after being hampered over 1f out. Before that he travelled wide through but up with a cracking pace and must have done plenty before turning for home. So it was encouraging the positive way he saw out the race. 

Off an unchanged mark I feel he has a prime chance to win this uncompetitive contest where good form is scarce and therefore his latest piece of form certainly the strongest one on offer. If he can progress slightly for the experience, he should be able to overcome the draw and land the odds. 

Ripoll @ 15/2 Paddy Power

Ex 3.40 - Otago trail - win at 11/10 bog bet365

Novice chase over 20F

None of the runners here have run in a chase before which adds a frisson of uncertainty

Both market leaders won Points and look like chasing would be their game

My selection was a bold jumper over hurdles, has won on Heavy ground, won first time out last season and has gained both his hurdle wins on right handed tracks.

On Tour was slightly rated over hurdles but to date his best performances have come left handed on flat or sharp tracks and this testing course on heavy ground might find him out

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.