Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Sick to death of Hughes not riding for a place. As soon as win chance has gone his hands drop every single time. Why does nobody have a word with him about it?
Agree, he's turning into Jamie Spencer, its his last season and some of his rides have Nil Passion, he'd be better just leaving now. Yeh i said it!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Once again we have conflicting SP's by the chancer bookmakers, make up your minds folks. [h=3]20:10 Kempton Park[/h]Full result[TABLE=class: tbl t3, width: 288]

[TR=class: strong] [TD=class: ixt]1st[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]3 Wordcraft[/TD] [TD=align: center]8/11 f[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: last-child] [TD=class: ixt]2nd[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]1 Alfajer[/TD] [TD=align: center]3/1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
  • Winning TrainerC Appleby
  • Winning JockeyW Buick
  • Runners6 ran
  • Non runners5, 8, 9
  • Distances1 ½
  • Tote Win£1.60
  • Pl£1.40,£2.10
  • EX£4.00
  • SF£3.43
  • Tricast£10.12
  • Swingers1&2 £1.10,1&3 £2.80,2&3 £4.40

[h=4]Full Result[/h][TABLE=class: tbl t3 mobile-collapse, width: 100%]

[TR] [TH=align: center]Pos[/TH] [TH=align: center]Dist[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Horse[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Trainer[/TH] [TH=align: center]Age[/TH] [TH=align: center]Weight[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Jockey[/TH] [TH=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]SP[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]1st (9)[/TD] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: ixt]3 Wordcraft[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]C Appleby[/TD] [TD=align: center]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-6[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]W Buick[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]sui.gif 10/11f[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]opened 6/5 touched 13/18[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]2nd (4)[/TD] [TD=align: center]1½[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]1 Alfajer[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]M Botti[/TD] [TD=align: center]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-7[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]M M Monaghan (3)[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]sui.gif 10/3[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]opened 9/2 touched 11/4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]3rd (8)[/TD] [TD=align: center]nse[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]2 Elis Eliz (IRE)[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]M Wigham[/TD] [TD=align: center]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-7[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]G Baker[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]sui.gif 8/1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread What do people think about what's happening to Newcastle Racecourse? Digging it up and having a tapeta surface put in. They've lost their big races and no doubt lost their status too, the Fighting Fifth is moving to Doncaster, can't remember what they said about the Northumberland Plate or other races. Apparently most trainers signed a petition against it but ARC ignored it and carried on anyway. Catterick were trying to get an AW track too, seems Newcastle beat them to it.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread To me Newcastle is a nothing track........it has no character, no individuality, nothing that comes to mind when I think 'Newcastle' If anywhere is going to dug up for polytrack then it might as well be Newcastle With Catterick I think 'undulating, dog leg sprints, suits front runners and rail runners' That's a lot better than Newcastle.......erm, no I don't have anything.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread They are moaning about the history of the course etc etc. I've been and didn't think much to it, wouldn't make an effort to go back there either. I know many don't like change and will oppose anything different. The Fighting Fifth has been one of the weakest Grade 1 races for years, from a personal point of view I'm glad it's gone to Donny as it's more local to me and I think it might attract better fields there too. I'm not keen on Catterick either, they can dig that up for me, usually awful class 6 racing on and not the greatest course in the world. I'm not a huge fan of AW racing either so Newcastle or Catterick changing to AW wouldn't really bother me. Seems to be mainly trainers and historians upset by it.

Watching the video you can't believe Assault lost but the paused imagine RUK showed on the line I felt made it look like Star won as they were bang level and the camera angle would have flattered Assault being on the far side. Photo looked close but still I think Star looked the winner. Incredible though, watching it at full speed you felt Assault had at least a head on Star but they crossed the line in the one part of the head bob that put Star in front.

Joseph is slowly but steadily taking over the reigns at Ballydoyle: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rac...leneagles.html "the champion Irish trainer repeatedly stressed that he has been more spectator than trainer to Gleneagles as 22-year-old Joseph, who jockey commitments have been restricted by rising weight, takes on greater responsibility at his Ballydoyle base in County Tipperary. The trainer, who made it 45 winners when Moore-ridden Washington DC held off Areen by a head in the Windsor Castle Stakes, said: ’There is no doubt Joseph is taking on more responsibility and doing a lot more and I am watching. I might live a little bit longer then so that is good for me! We have been at it full blast for 20 years. ‘I am very happy to be sitting in the back seat, believe me. Joseph has a lot on. He is with the Flat horses in the morning and the Jumps horses in the evening."

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any views on the new At the Races website; http://beta.attheraces.com Been looking at it for a couple of days and i must admit i like some of the features on the race cards. Easy to look at and a neat lay out although i still prefer the post for reading form. Any thoughts?
I use ATR for years as my sole source for form study. Never got warm with the post. The new format looks quite interesting, many really nice features, like the pace charts, or the breaks a horse had clearly stated in the form card now. However the individual form cards for each horse are more clean and easier to read in the old format. For example there is clearly stated what kind of race it is, like "Nbu 7 GS 1 Grp2". For the same horse in the new format it reads "Nbu 7F GS Cl1" The difference is that in the old format it immediately becomes clear what type of race it was. A G1, G2, G3... same goes for lower classes. Now it reads "cl4" only, before it was clear whether it was a Handicap or a Conditions Race. But overall, it looks pretty good

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Vicky having followed cycling for the last 20 years.......I've seen her whole career mirror that of the rise of the British track team from nothing to world number one (and now the road racers are taking over the world !) She's a girl and a half.......:) not to be underestimated !

Re V.Pendleton: I'm sure she's very capable but also very privileged, cant blame her for that though and good luck to her.
Fair play, she gave it a real good ride. Fox hunters at Cheltenham is slightly different but she has the determination so anythings possible. :clap

You couldn't make this up could you, a snapshot of the 310 at Haydock tomorrow, look at the bottom 2 horses! [TABLE=border: 1, cellpadding: 1, cellspacing: 0, width: 528] [TR] [TD=align: right]424220[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]Snap Shots[/TD] [TD=align: right]3[/TD] [TD]Tom Dascombe64[/TD] [TD]Fergus Sweeney[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]725170[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]My Name Is Rio [/TD] [TD=align: right]5[/TD] [TD]Michael Dods50[/TD] [TD]Phillip Makin[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]113421[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]Lexington Place[/TD] [TD=align: right]5[/TD] [TD]Ruth Carr65[/TD] [TD]James Sullivan[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]57417[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]Seve [/TD] [TD=align: right]3[/TD] [TD]Tom Dascombe64[/TD] [TD]Luke Morris[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: right]850214[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD]Ballesteros [/TD] [TD=align: right]6[/TD] [TD]Richard Fahey59[/TD] [TD]George Chaloner[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Off Topic - re Greyhounds Strange, but I don't see a greyhounds sub-forum. Am I missing it? Anyway, lots of horse followers will watch a Sky dogs night. Tonight was Yarmouth 7.11 to 9.08pm. Anyway, congratulations to the Sporting Life website which tipped a remarkable 7 from 8 winners at SP prices of: 3/1; 7/4; 10/11; 7/4; loser; 4/1; 2/1; 13/8. This is a truly remarkable performance !!! Feeling like a little action while not having a clue, I simply backed races where the Racing Post picks and Sporting Life picks were in concensus. This gave 3 winners from 4.

• 2 weeks later...