Monthly Naps Comp, ''SATURDAY'' 17th Oct -2015

Sticking this up a little early because i feel the price is ridiculous.

Marco Botti  has never hid the fact he thinks a lot of this 4yr old gelding by Oasis Dream and yes he's had his quirks but if the real horse shows up today ''in the mood'' he'll not be far away, what with 20 runners going for post the Jolly is just too short for me - 2/1 is BONKERS MENTAL!

Shame on the High Street bookmakers too for only offering (a fifth) on the first 3 home - Truly SHOCKING!

The selection was 2nd here last time out ''3rd Oct'' and that run can be excused as Martin Harley was riding ''Say no more on him'' that run should have put the Botti trained speedster BANG on for this Champion stakes (Group 1) 

Marco and the horse also now have an Ace up their sleeve, the services of the World Class Christophe Soumillon.

This jockey needs zero intro for any racing enthusiast and i have him down as the perfect match for this horse, you wont find a jockey that get get down and drive finish any lower than Mr Soumillon.

Positives_ Trainer, Last Run C&D 2nd, Going, Price, World Class pilot.

Negatives_Large field, Traffic.

13:20 Ascot - Naadirr.   1pt Win Bet @ 50/1 Bet365_Skybet_Betfred 

3.45 Ascot - Fort Bastion @ 33/1 Paddy Power

Lost any chance of winning last time when he unseated his rider on the way to post but ran credibly to finish 5th when left to much to do in the closing stages. He's coming down to a nice mark though after being dropped a pound for that and is now 4lbs lower than when he finished a good 6th here at Ascot to the smart Heaven's Guest. A little cut in the ground should be perfect for him and now just 1lb higher than when winning comfortably at Ayr earlier in the year I can see him going well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.