ITM Cup Preview Bay of Plenty v Southland

plloyd88

The ITM Cup may not be a household name in comparison to other rugby competitions that hog the column inches. It has had its financial difficulties and only a couple of years ago rugby institutions such as Otago and Manuwatu were looking down the barrel of a gun after amassing multi million dollar debts. On top of that it’s probably the hardest competition to watch as only a handful of matches are broadcast outside of New Zealand. That doesn’t stop it producing some of the most thrilling and honest brand of rugby there is. It is by far my favourite competition not just for the memorable games and showcase of talent but also because I have made a lot of money out of it, shallow I know! All of the handicaps that I have tipped for it so far this year have come in and I don’t think that this week will be any different. I find that each week there is at least one nap and a handful of other games where the bookies are a few points off with the handicap line. This week there are three games that I have my eye on with the first one kicking off tomorrow where the Bay of Plenty host Southland.