** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UFC 'Go Big' End of 2015 Predictions

Danshot

With a lot of big fights coming to close out 2015 , these next few months promise to be an exciting time for MMA fans and UFC in particular. Arguably one of the biggest hype fights the promotion has ever seen and is expected to break the PPV records is Aldo vs McGregor seems a good place to start.

UFC 194 - 12th December

Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor

I like everyone else am looking forward to fight and it will be a firecracker and Conor is undoubtedly going to be the crowd favourite going into this with all the hype about being the money fght which no one can dispute given the numbers that are coming through , but Aldo is a professional and is not ranked as one of the pound for pound best fighters in MMA for no reason yes Conor has been putting in some decent performances but think that given another shot maybe Mendes could take him in a rematch. So I like many of the top UFC fighters am backing Aldo to come for this as the true champion that he is especially given the current inflated price due to all the hype behind the McGregor rise.

4pts Aldo to Win @ 6/4 (Bet365)

Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold

On the same card as the co-main event to Aldo-McGregor this is a fight that maybe Weidman as the only undefeated champion in the division will be frustrated that he hasn't had the exposure that a guy of his talent and i'd say marketability should have , Rockhold has been on the terrific run since his lose to Belfort (whom Weidman beat with ease) beating strong fighters in Bisping , Machida & Boetsch all inside the distance but I still don't think he has the game to beat Weidman. This could go the distance but I don't see Weidman losing and look forward to seeing him step up in weight class and I believe that he will win no matter what route Rockhold wants to go whether that is stand up or on the mat.

5pts Weidman to Win @ 4/7 (Various including Coral)

2pts on it going the distance @ 29/20 (Ladbrokes)

Plenty more predictions as get closer to each event , feel free to add your thoughts fellow fans and potential newcomers to MMA.

Edited by Danshot

• 1 month later...

Fight Night Sao Paulo - 7th November (3am 8th Nov BST)

Belfort vs Henderson

Coming off a devasting defeat to Weidman in his last fight Belfort will be looking to get back to winning , this is a tough fight against a true MMA legend in Hendo , but  despite the short price and only fighting the once in the past 2 years though not really his fault Belfort should have the agility to go with the power that makes it hard of Henderson to ever get into the fight. The priced of 2/7 is a bit short to tempt me in though. So having a punt on Hendo holding out for 1st round then beating beat in 2nd.

1pt on Belfort to win in 2nd Round @5/1 (Paddy Power)

Glover vs Cummins

Just looking off the stats sheet and not being too familar with either , this feels like it should end up being a one-sided fight with Glover controlling most of the fight. 

6pts on Glover to Win @2/7 (Paddy Power)

Oliviera vs Hallmann  

Based on form Oliviera is a clear favourite in this but Hallmann has fought a decent calibre of opponent , their are a lot of factor pointing to this being a decision win but my gut is telling me to take the higher odds that the fight ends with a stoppage of some sort. 

3pts on Under 2.5 Rounds @11/8 (Coral)

Didn't have time to post up any selections for UFC 193 , but had a brief look and don't think was that much value around unless of course you picked Holm to come out on top against Ronda Rousey , despite both being undefeated coming into this Ronda was viewed as the overwhelming favourite having crushed all previous opponents but Holm turned up with the right game plan and Ronda run out of energy pretty quick and took a brutal take down. 

I for one am looking forward to a rematch and being this will open up the women's bantamweight division , UFC 200 looks like a very real possibility for the rematch if you ask me , whether Holm wants to defend her title before then I don't know who is next in line for a shot maybe Paige VanZant but think even if she wins next month she will want another big fight before taking a shot at the title.