KLM Open ~ September 10th - 13th

Aidymac

1. Soren Kjeldsen ~ 4 Points E/W @ 35/1 Bet365 ~ 1/4, 5 Places If it is in any way windy this week, this is a man that you have to back, it is as simple as that! The Dane has returned from obscurity this season and has been exceptional all year long. He showed huge grit and determination to win the Irish Open this season in very windy conditions, a links course that is up there with the toughest in the world, Royal County Down. So we know that if conditions are windy this week, it will play into this mans' hands. That victory ended a six year drought on tour for Soren and he went agonisingly close since! Not only was he 2nd in the Nordea Masters, he was also 2nd in the Made In Denmark tournament on his home turf. He was 8th in the KLM Open two years ago and it is fair to say he is playing much better now! Big player! 2. Thomas Pieters ~ 2 Points E/W @ 75/1 Bet365 ~ 1/4, 5 Places The tall Belgian won the Russian Open last week and although it was a weak field, that win will give him enormous confidence heading into the KLM Open this week. I have tipped him up a few times this season and of course he had to come out and win when I didn't have him backed! He was 40/1 to win last week and although this is a much stronger field, he is a must bet at nearly double the odds this week. Rounds of 66, 68, 65 and 69 and a four round total of -20 means he is striking the ball extremely well and must be putting extremely well. I think even if there was a strong field in Russia last week, he would have won with that score regardless so I think the bookmakers may be underestimating Thomas a little bit here this week. 3. Raphael Jacquelin ~ 2 Points E/W @ 80/1 Sky Bet ~ 1/4, 5 Places The solid French man has had a poor year to date by his high standards but there have been signs that he is getting hot at the right time over the last couple of months. He missed five cuts in a row before making massive improvement to finish T24 in the Alstom Open De France on his home turf. That performance must have given him a lot of belief again as he followed that up with a brilliant T2 finish in the Scottish Open. He only found Rickie Fowler too good that week which is nothing to be ashamed of and that also got him a place in the Open Championship the following week. He was T7 in the Omega European Masters after a poor week at St Andrews and he is a man that can play in windy conditions so he looks too big a price for me. 4. Mikko Ilonen ~ 1 Point E/W @ 125/1 Sky Bet ~ 1/4, 5 Places The man from Finland has not seen success since his amazing victory in the Volvo World MatchPlay last year but there is no doubt if he comes back to anywhere near his best, he is a leading contender this week and is drastically overpriced. 2014 was a very fruitful year for this multiple winner on tour who also won the Irish Open down in Fota Island, County Cork! He was T11 in the KLM Open last year also and he is a player that has no issues playing in windy tough conditions. I was there to watch him win the Irish Open last year, he has a beautiful relaxed swing, a stunning short game and is a great putter. I don't know what has gone wrong this season for him but it has to only be a matter of time before he gets back to his best again. 5. Scott Hend ~ 1 Point E/W @ 250/1 Paddy Power ~ 1/4, 6 Places The Australian is more than capable of putting in a big performance this week at massive odds. Scott is well suited to links like conditions and firm courses from where he grew up and although I obviously think he won't win this week, he could just nick into the top five. He won the Hong Kong Open last year and his best finishes this year have been T2 in Thailand and T5 in Mauritius. He is a really good ball striker, a good iron player and a fine chipper and the fact he likes windy conditions, I give him a squeak this week in the Netherlands. Full Preview Here: https://www.punterslounge.com/european-tour-betting-tips-the-five-players-to-watch-at-the-klm-open-this-week