Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005)

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Couple of picks for me: Ferrero to bt. Safin 2.00 Safin was impressive in his first game but he always does well when he starts well - it's wehn the going gets tough (on clay) that he starts to lose the will, and Ferrero is a man on a mission to get fit and back to his best before Paris. It almost a toos of a coin but I'm willing to back JCF here. Stepanek vs Hrbaty 1.83 (2.08 at betfair) Stepanek has won thier only match which was on clay last year. He's been a much better player on clay this year with Hrbaty really preferring the hard courts - I like the betfair odds and feel that he should definitely be the favourite.

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) This is it for me, I have had enough of this Hamburg nonsense! :@ Nothing gets more infuriating than to see some seemingly spot-on bets not coming in - won't be touching another tennis bet till Roland Garros comes around... :@ Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 20.00pts Current Profit/Loss : -80.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Didn't realise I had 20pts left just yet, so there's my balance for this tourny on what I feel is a cracking double(although looking at the week I've just had with Hamburg, there might be a doubt or two :lol ). 20pts Federer-Rochus (4.60 @ Ladbrokes) :D Federer at 1.53 for a match doesn't come about everyday and personally, I can't see past the winner of this tournament coming from the victor of the Federer-Coria matchup. Coria hasn't been flying, but his class on clay has no doubt helped him past a couple of very mediocre opponents - up against Federer, however, there'll be no hiding for his below-par performances for he'll surely be found wanting. Nevertheless, I think Federer has got to be backed simply because he's the better player(overall, not necessarily on clay) and is in better form than Coria. Afterall, Federer beat Coria 3-1 in the final of this event last year. Christophe Rochus has been making quite an impact the way his brother, Olivier, did last year and I thought his beating Gaudio yesterday could go a long way towards suggesting this really marks the start of a new dawn for him. I feel he has got a game particularly suited to clay and his serve-and-volley techniques are as good as any on clay. Make no mistake about this, he's massive value to beat Chela at 3.00. Chela was as bad as Henman yesterday, but he certainly had the little breaks with disputed line calls going in his favour which affected Henman badly - as I've said ever so often, Chela struggles when it comes to holding serves and I can just see him struggling again today. Now, that could really prove costly against Rochus because he's mentally much tougher than Henman ever will be(amongst the big guns, Henman is a very weak player mentally) and truth be told, I can't see him troubling Rochus too much. ;) Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 20.00pts Current Profit/Loss : -80.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) This post contains 2 tournaments - Hamburg ATP and WTA Rome 10pts Coria-Bovina (11.9 @ WillHill) Well, Coria is my fav on claycourt and he should take it seriously against Federer. Bovina vs Sharapova. This will be the end for Maria of her no.1 dreams as Bovina should win it on Rome clay.

Elena Bovina (Russia)367
Paola Suarez (Argentina)636
this match showed her great character and 4.33 is way too big imo. Well when I declare my thoughts on internet I lose my bet but I'll try one more time. Sorry for not commenting my options - just a sixth sense :) both are hard ones but it can pay the price :) good luck Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 100.00pts Current Profit/Loss : 00.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Federer beat Coria 6-4, 7-6(3) and Rochus beat Chela 3-6, 6-0, 6-3! Hope some people made something of that after the horrendous week they have had following my picks... ;) Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 92.00pts Current Profit/Loss : -8.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Yep, good stuff Ed. I was on Rochus at 2/1. A bit long for anyone playing flaky Chela! Rochus just went drop shot crazy and had Chela running all over the place! Also Davydenko v Volandri. Didn't get time to post pre-game. Sorry. Not after-eventing, just congratulating you on your picks.

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Gasquets coming good for a run at the French Open, hes obviouslly gonna be getting a wild card for that one unless his ranking improves dramatically.Should be too strong for Rochus and hes beaten him last year on clay in Mexico. Should be a good final if all goes to plan, Gasquet v Federer.

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) sorry for posting about WTA in ATP Hamburg (I just don't want to create new one). 30 pt Sharapova - Schnyder (@4.5 Willhill) On form Patty showed her great result to lose on semis for perfect Henin-Hardenne in Berlin 6-0 6-1 and quarter finals in Warsaw 6-1 6-2. My opinion that Justine is the best clay player at the moment and Schnyder performed well. But wins against such players like Kuznetsova, Clijsters (she gave up due to injury), Vaidisova give confidence. Talking about unimpressive on clay Sharapova she played one clay tournament in Berlin and lost to same Henin-Hardenne in quarter-finals 6-2 6-4. She is not too impressive on clay and 4.50 is way too high! head to head 1-0 to Maria. BIRMINGHAM grass 6-1 6-7(3) 6-3 as last year Sharapova was Wimbledon champion. Starting bank: 100 Current: 90 Profit/Loss: -10

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) 20pt double : (2.08 @ Ladbrokes) :( Federer to win Hamburg Masters Sharapova to win Telecom Italia Masters As I can't see too much value in the remaining matches, I think it's best to stay out of any match betting and just go for the abovementioned double which fetches something slightly over evens. Federer shouldn't have too many problems winning the Hamburg Masters having eliminated what I thought would be his biggest threat - Coria - yesterday. Davydenko will be a breeze for him and honestly, I can't see Gasquet(assuming he makes the final) troubling Federer the way he did at Monte Carlo again as I'm sure FedEx will have learnt how to cope with Gasquet's all-action, gung-ho style of play which Agassi so effectively countered in Rome last week. Similarly, I can't see past Sharapova for the Telecom Italia Masters given the relatively poor quality of the field that remains. Sharapova should breeze past Schnyder today and whoever she meets in the final shouldn't pose too many problems either. Mauresmo has been in horrendous and erratic form lately, losing to Petrova not too long ago and on that form, it'd hardly surprise me if she gets booted by Zvonareva in the semis tonight. Either way, I can't see Mauresmo or Zvonareva posing too many problems for Sharapova as she's just a class above all that remains in the current field, not to mention she's in much better form as well. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 92.00pts Current Profit/Loss : -8.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005)

sorry edtkh but 1ted's bet was just great and made some profit from that! Thanx 1ted!!!
No complains, Schnyder deserved to win that match - Sharapova isn't half the player the touts are making her out to be. Obviously, she's still a long way off coming anywhere close to dominating the women's game, especially on clay... :(

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) I was very impressed with Schnyder in her defeat of Sharapove, i think she won 12 of the last 16 games. If the price is right, i reckon she'd be worth a punt against the defending champ Mauresmo. Any thoughts guys?

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) nice to be helpfull menteem! Glad you made some from that! I guess she should win this tournament so I'd bet on Patty Schnyder @ 2.75 in Willhill :) Enjoy the final (I have a rule - not to bet on finals and I will not) Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 225.00pts Current Profit/Loss : +125.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) 20pts : Schnyder to beat Mauresmo (2.88 @ Betfair) :( Can't believe Schnyder is so massively priced after the week she's had. Mauresmo is obviously grossly overrated - even though Mauresmo leads 9-5 on h2h, it's imperative to note Schnyder leads 3-2 for h2h on clay. At best, this is a 50-50 match and I honestly can't see Mauresmo dominating this encounter at all even if she were to win this - 2.88 for a 50-50 encounter certainly looks massive value. I'm not normally one to touch matches of this nature, but I feel Schnyder's form this week has been absolutely sublime(just as Andrei Pavel's was at the recent BMW Open in Munich) and it'd be a remiss to give this a miss even if Schnyder had a knack of choking more often than not under normal circumstances. So long as Patty reproduces the form which saw her beat Sharapova and Ivanovic, this is very much hers to lose. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 72.00pts Current Profit/Loss : -28.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Not the best of weeks, but the returns are certainly better than what I could reasonable have expected after the horrendous week. :( Be back for Roland Garros... Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 52.00pts Current Profit/Loss : -48.00pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Hamburg (9th - 15th May 2005) Women's tennis is a sickener to bet on and as soon as someone wins the first set, they'll collapse and lose the next two. Just monitoring the prices and Mauresmo was out to 3/1 at one stage. Schynder was as short as 1/4.