Flat Racing 28th June

3.15 Saint-Cloud Grand Prix De Saint-Cloud Lovely renewal this and I think it's a shame so few British and Irish flat horses are kept in training past 3 years compared to this lineup. I think the top 3 in the market are a bit ahead of the rest so that's where I'll focus. If you follow Flintshire you may well be very fed up with how often he comes second or third without winning, and against two top horses I can see a similar fate. Treve ran well on reappearance but really you'd fancy Dolniya to do the same to that field, and you have to think Arc day is all they have in mind this year as far as Treve peaking. I love Dolniya's price here and think she can benefit from not having to lead here as she had to in such a small field last time. Her performance in Meydan remains a top piece of form and I think she is the top horse here. Dolniya 10/3 win Paddy Power 4.30 Curragh Pretty Polly Stakes Legatissimo was turned over last time but at 2/1 or less I don't fancy her, this may be an even tougher task. Diamondsandrubies is a famous Epsom hard luck story, having been smacked by Together Forever but I don't think she lost that much momentum from watching it again and I can't possibly think a 2 furlong step down in trip will be beneficial. I think Pleascach's bubble was burst a bit at Ascot, and her Irish Guineas win hasn't worked out that well bar Found with Devonshire and Jack Naylor disappointing. I have to go for Brooch. She could not have been more impressive in a 2 length win over a mile last time, and 2 more furlongs is no problem. The form has worked out amazingly well, the second hasn't raced since but the third was amazing maria who shocked all at Ascot to win by 2 lengths, and 3 lengths further back in 4th was Waltzing Matilda who scored a great victory on Belmont Stakes night. Brooch looks really unexposed to me and I really like her here. Brooch 5/1 win Betfred

Thanks, Curragh prices posted time for a few bets. 2.45 International Stakes Roheryn was poor last time and may not be up to this level. Parish Hall is a really consistent performer and has plenty of stakes wins, just going down last time but I think the horse he lost to was massively improved that day and could go on to better things, Parish Hall certainly beat the rest pretty well. Air Pilot is 3 pounds better off but I'd just be worried he wants it softer. He's never raced on good to firm and while we'll get a few showers in Ireland between now and then there'll be plenty of drying weather too and I doubt it will reach the easy side of good so Parish Hall is the one I must side with. Parish Hall win 7/4 Betfred 3.55 Grancecon Stud Stakes We have a hyped up Richard Hannon horse and a hyped up Ryan Moore horse, but this is a sprint trip and the Lordan/Lynam combination commands as much respect as anyone here. They run Miss Elizabeth and at the odds I can't see past this one for a bet. Quickened clear really nicely in a conditions stakes to win by 3 lengths from a very solid Ger Lyons horse. Great Page looks very good too but the ground will be quicker this time. Miss Elizabeth 5/1 win Betfred 5.30 Curragh Cup Forgotten Rules is the 4/6 favourite, fair enough price but I think 2 miles is his peak trip and softer ground better also. Royal Navy Ship was a rare Aidan O'Brien 2 year old who had plenty of races yet accomplished little and I'm surprised Ryan Moore takes the ride. I'd expect him to improve from this run more than anything. Bondi Beach is the one I like having stayed on really strongly last time out and his maiden win was really good form. He was given plenty to do last time but made up a fair bit of ground and I think he's a real player here. In addition to the 3 year old allowance he receives 3 pounds from Forgotten Rules for no group wins and 10/1 looks nice. Bondi Beach win 10/1 William Hill

rockingham hcap curr5.00 discussiontofollow 98.78 bubbly bellini 98.68 top two are a little clear here but it is a wide open hcap ....surprised to see top rated fav considering ...but that just supports his claim in my eyes ...9/1 and 16/1 look value odds .... discussiontofollow 5 pts win 9/1 boyles bubbli bellini 5 pts win 16/1 boyles

3.20 Curragh: Handicap (60-90), 7f I would duly expect Aiden O'Brien's Cenotaph to show dramatic improvement for the drop in trip. This War Front son has pace but didn't stay 10f the other day. He's potentially on a lenient mark. But this is very much reflected in the short price, and therefore I'm pting for a bit of value, which is to find in another potentially well handicapped horse. Doc Holliday is probably not the most prolific horse but he drops to a handy mark today. He wasn't disgraced in two starts on the All-Weather this year, although a mile seems to stretch his stamina. That says his 1½ fourth in a ultra competitive 1m Handicap here at the Curragh last October rates extremely strong form. The drop to 7 furlongs is today seems perfect. He has been successful over course and distance last season of a 1lb lower mark. But with the apprentice allowance of 5lb in hand, he's certainly well in at the weights. Doc Holliday @ 14/1 Paddy Power - 5pts Win ------------ 3.55 Curragh: Grangecon Stud Stakes (Fillies' Group 3), 6f An exciting and hot race for juvenile fillies. The first four in the market are all top class prospects. David Wachman's Most Beautiful made a big impression at Naas the other day when beating subsequent Norfolk Stakes winner Waterloo Bridge. He's pacey and may try to make all. Never underestimate Richard Hannon's two year olds; his Great Page looks an exciting individual indeed. Same can be said about Miss Katie Mae. Trainer Ger Lyons is particularly sweet on her. Don't understimate Miss Elisabeth. Probably not quite as sexy as the other three fillies, she was a cheep purchase and hasn't the impressive looks; she could be the real deal nonetheless. I loved the way she beat the boys the last two times. On her debut at Fairyhouse, cool as a cucumber going through the narrowest of gaps. And impressive the next time, when despite missing the break and giving loads of ground away, she was still able to produce a stunning turn of foot to win easily. It's excellent form, given that the runner-up did beat Royal Ascot winner Washington Dc earlier this year... So, while I find it difficult to split the four mentioned fillies, the prices dictate my decision. On that basis it's Miss Elisabeth who is overpriced here. Miss Elisabeth @ 7/1 Bet365 - 5pts Win ------------ Pretty Polly Stakes (Fillies' Group 1), 1m 2f In short: I struggle to see how Legatissimo can be beaten if things go normal. If she isn't over the boil after being on the go for while, there are no excuses today and she'll win. She is by far the best horse in the race. As the impressive 1000 Guineas winner and unlucky runner-up in the Oaks, the drop to 10f will be ideal, in fact it is probably her optimum trip. Irish 1000 Guineas heroine Pleascach looks not quite in the same league, and didn't have much time to recover from Royal Ascot, anyway. It's a tough ask. Diamondsandrubies shouldn't be quick enough over this trip. From the older horses, of course rapidly improving Brooch is an exciting rival. She could be Group 1 class, but may struggle to give an awful lot of weight away to the other three year olds, in particular Legatissimo. That should decisive in the end. Legatissimo @ 13/8 - 10pts Win ------------ 5.00 Curragh: Handicap (3YO plus), 5f Progressive Kimbay gets the nod in this ultra competitive sprint handicap. This filly is clearly on the upward this year. She didn't quite get home on her seasonal debut her at the Curragh over 6f but didn't make any mistake subsequently when dropped to fife furlongs at Tipperary. She has a 100% record over this trip (4/4) and might be able to pull out a bit more once again in order to overcome a new career highest mark. Kimbay @ 16/1 Paddy Power - 5pts Win ------------ 5.30 Curragh: Curragh Cup (group 3), 1m 6f Favourite Forgotten Rules takes all the beating over this trip which will suit better than Royal Ascot last week. The overnight rain will have helped his cause too, as quick ground is not what he wants. But it's drying once again today, so that is a slight concern as well the hard race he had only last week. Bondi Beach looks the biggest danger. He has a fair chance to improve for this new trip which he is entitled to stay. Still very lightly raced, he is open to any kind of progress. He was unlucky when last seen at Leopardstown in a Listed event over 12f as he didn't get a clear run locked on the inside rail. But only on his third ever career start today, he deserves a shot at this Group 3. I feel he's a bit of a price against the red hot favourite - too big a price to ignore. Bondi Beach @ 9/1 Coral - 5pts Win ------------ 6.00 Curragh: Handicap (60-90), 1m 2f Maskoon hasn't exactly been in sparkling form this year but he looks seriously well handicapped today judged on his best. He tries 10f for a second time in his life, a trip he should stay on pedigree, although he found 12f too far and 1m with big weights too fast. So today's test might be inch perfect, given he is now down to a mark off 83 plus the additional advantage of a 5lb claimer in the saddle. he was a strong third off 92 in a big Curragh handicap last season and showed already some form off 88 this year. Maskoon @ 14/1 Betfred - 5pts Win

Thanks, Curragh prices posted time for a few bets. 2.45 International Stakes Roheryn was poor last time and may not be up to this level. Parish Hall is a really consistent performer and has plenty of stakes wins, just going down last time but I think the horse he lost to was massively improved that day and could go on to better things, Parish Hall certainly beat the rest pretty well. Air Pilot is 3 pounds better off but I'd just be worried he wants it softer. He's never raced on good to firm and while we'll get a few showers in Ireland between now and then there'll be plenty of drying weather too and I doubt it will reach the easy side of good so Parish Hall is the one I must side with. Parish Hall win 7/4 Betfred 3.55 Grancecon Stud Stakes We have a hyped up Richard Hannon horse and a hyped up Ryan Moore horse, but this is a sprint trip and the Lordan/Lynam combination commands as much respect as anyone here. They run Miss Elizabeth and at the odds I can't see past this one for a bet. Quickened clear really nicely in a conditions stakes to win by 3 lengths from a very solid Ger Lyons horse. Great Page looks very good too but the ground will be quicker this time. Miss Elizabeth 5/1 win Betfred 5.30 Curragh Cup Forgotten Rules is the 4/6 favourite, fair enough price but I think 2 miles is his peak trip and softer ground better also. Royal Navy Ship was a rare Aidan O'Brien 2 year old who had plenty of races yet accomplished little and I'm surprised Ryan Moore takes the ride. I'd expect him to improve from this run more than anything. Bondi Beach is the one I like having stayed on really strongly last time out and his maiden win was really good form. He was given plenty to do last time but made up a fair bit of ground and I think he's a real player here. In addition to the 3 year old allowance he receives 3 pounds from Forgotten Rules for no group wins and 10/1 looks nice. Bondi Beach win 10/1 William Hill
How tough a performance was that from Bondi Beach? Traded 130 in running and I think Heffernan dropped his whip a furlong out too, top jockey anyway. AOB's St. Leger squad looking really good now with the 1-2 here as well as Aloft and I don't think we've seen the best of Bantry Bay either, with Words a potential filly who could stay. If anyone wants to see a joke of a pace watch the 2.45 back, I swear they would go off faster in a grand national on heavy ground. 18 seconds slow when the typical time was 1 second slow. That's a furlong and a half slow. I suppose Parish Hall got upsides anyway and couldn't go past but I don't see why jockeys let someone have such an easy lead.