** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing, Monday 8th June

5.00 Ayr 10 runners for this Class 4 handicap over 1m2f. What is interesting here is the mix of runners; despite a bet I put up last week, I'd normally side with older horses coming up against 3yo's before July and I'm sticking to that here. That effectively rules out half the field including the fav Strong Steps who doesn't look that well handicapped and is uncertain to be suited by trip & ground. Admittedly stable send it all the way from Newmarket and have put a good jockey on top but there's enough question marks for me. The other well faniced one is Quest Of Colour from a powerful yard but seasonal reappearance and a massive hike in the weights put me off this one that's on for a hat trick. Instead I'm going for a more exposed one. Warfare (13/2 Bet365) - 4 wins from 29 career starts for this 6yo and is a horse in decent nick at present. Often plied its trade over shorter but this trip looks worth chancing especially considering some good efforts on the AW over just half a furlong shorter. The appearance of 'stayed on' in the post race comments are what we need. Has run 7 times since the turn of the year, 6 of those on the AW and has put in some very good and consistent performances. Wins off marks of 66 and 72 (subsequently placed 2nd) to begin with, and it races off 72 here. That 2nd run was over the extended 9f in this grade. Last 3 runs have seen figures of 4-3-2, the former when racing a tad keen over that extended trip. The winner of that won next time out. Next up was a 3rd over 7f on turf when racing widest of all. Add to that a poor start over a trip too short and it's not a bad run. Was beaten into 2nd lto by a real on course gamble off this mark and a repeat of that run should see our horse in the mix today. Ground on the easy side is ideal and should get a decent enough pace to track. With a lack of real contenders here and question marks over the 2 favourites, I like the chances of the selection here.

Re: Flat Racing, Monday 8th June just the one race today ....I did like tempting at thirsk but far too short atc4/9 so off to ayr 3.00 ayr hidden rebel 98.55 moon arc 98.34 donna graciosa 98.32 hero story 98.29 donna graciosa is short fav here around 2/1 ...not sure previous performance warrants such a price ...wasnt that impressive and 6 lb rise could stop him ...I much prefer hidden rebel at around 8/1 wjo looks to be coming to hand ....been posting quick times and looks decently treated ....ew bet looks good value hidden rebel 3 pts ew 8/1 bet365

Re: Flat Racing, Monday 8th June

5.00 Ayr 10 runners for this Class 4 handicap over 1m2f. What is interesting here is the mix of runners; despite a bet I put up last week, I'd normally side with older horses coming up against 3yo's before July and I'm sticking to that here. That effectively rules out half the field including the fav Strong Steps who doesn't look that well handicapped and is uncertain to be suited by trip & ground. Admittedly stable send it all the way from Newmarket and have put a good jockey on top but there's enough question marks for me. The other well faniced one is Quest Of Colour from a powerful yard but seasonal reappearance and a massive hike in the weights put me off this one that's on for a hat trick. Instead I'm going for a more exposed one. Warfare (13/2 Bet365) - 4 wins from 29 career starts for this 6yo and is a horse in decent nick at present. Often plied its trade over shorter but this trip looks worth chancing especially considering some good efforts on the AW over just half a furlong shorter. The appearance of 'stayed on' in the post race comments are what we need. Has run 7 times since the turn of the year, 6 of those on the AW and has put in some very good and consistent performances. Wins off marks of 66 and 72 (subsequently placed 2nd) to begin with, and it races off 72 here. That 2nd run was over the extended 9f in this grade. Last 3 runs have seen figures of 4-3-2, the former when racing a tad keen over that extended trip. The winner of that won next time out. Next up was a 3rd over 7f on turf when racing widest of all. Add to that a poor start over a trip too short and it's not a bad run. Was beaten into 2nd lto by a real on course gamble off this mark and a repeat of that run should see our horse in the mix today. Ground on the easy side is ideal and should get a decent enough pace to track. With a lack of real contenders here and question marks over the 2 favourites, I like the chances of the selection here.
Great stuff Russ, nice price too!

Re: Flat Racing, Monday 8th June

on a roll ...booooom

Re: Flat Racing, Monday 8th June One for tonight. 7.40 PontefractA Class 3 handicap for 3yo's over the 6f with 10 doing battle. As usual with 3yo's, a lot is about potential but, with that comes some silly prices on what's achieved and, ordinarily, I'd back against that. Normandy Barriere, Billyoakes and Swift Approval have all been raised in the weights without winning lto whilst Dawns Early Light and Shootingsta both come here straight from maidens. I'm going against them all for one with proven form. Feeling Easy (15/2 Betfred) - A 3yo but has 10 races on the clock, including 3 wins. Last win was a handicap over this trip off 3lb lower but has performed creditably since off higher marks than that & higher marks than the 82 it races off today. Ran a cracker off 85 at Doncaster over 6.5f, and was subsequently highly tried in a Group 3 event at Newmarket. Reappeared at that track a month ago, finishing 5th of 10 in a Class 2 running on well after having to be switched. Slight improvement lto when 3rd to a progessive type when again staying on well, this time off todays mark. All form is on good or faster which is ideal for conditions here and has shown some form over slightly further and on stiff tracks which is ideal at this track, probably the stiffest finish of all. I expect our charge to stay on as well as anything and, unlike its rivals, has shown its ability off the mark it has today. Stable, who are beginning to find a bit of form, have sent just one to the meeting and have the stable jockey on top (has won on it before). 15/2 looks a nice price for one with proven form against a set of rivals none of whom look like handicap snips.