** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing, Sunday 7th June

3.30 Goodwood With 1 NR, we are down to 10 for this Class 4 Veterans Handicap over the minimum trip. Being open to 6yo+ only, we are unlikely to see a progressive type and looking for horses with conditions to suit should prove fruitful. Ginzan trotted up lto but has been raised 9lb. Whilst a 6L beating looks worthy of such a hike, the race was pretty poor in fairness and it is better judged on its previous effort when winning narrowly off 12lb lower than today in a lower grade. Slip Sliding Away is the favourite and should go well but I really think the horse is better over an extra furlong. Whilst it should stay on from the rear, I'm predicting a hard luck story so will avoid. Lady Of Gibraltar (8/1 Bet365) - You probably need a good imagination to understand why this is a bet but I just think it is ready to strike today and a very significant jockey booking supports that, having his first ride for the stable. Last won 3 years ago but that was over C&D and off a 5lb higher mark. 2 years ago, the horse ran some very solid races in top handicaps off marks a stone higher than today's. Clearly likes the undulating, sharp tracks with 3 turf wins coming here, Epsom & Lingfield and all wins over the minimum trip too. Must have ground good or better which it is today and hasn't really had the right conditions for since those good days of 2013 and previous. Soft ground, stiff tracks, high mark, wrong grade have all been to blame for average performances last year and that has continued in 2015. Likes to race prominent which is a plus over the sprint trip here and I also feel a lot of the rivals need a breakneck pace to show their best. Is entered at Haydock later in the week too so I'm hoping that's an indication of the horse's readiness to win. At 8/1 in a smallish field, I'm happy to take my chance. 4.05 Goodwood From one extreme (5f) to another, this is a Class 3 handicap over 2m with 11 going to post. 3 of the front 4 raced against each other lto but this is a step up in grade and I'm not sure any represent value. The other fancied horse hails from the Sir Mark Prescott yard but this is another that may find this too tough having previously been placed very well. A few of the longer shots are in with the chances and it's one of those that I'm going in on. Kashgar (12/1 Bet365) - Has top weight here racing off 88 but has a very good 7lb claimer on top. The horse has form figures here of 2-2-1 and is a straight forward type, going particularly well for apprentices. Form on sharp tracks last term reads 2-1-1-2 seeing its mark rise from 73 to 88, with 88 being the mark it goes off at today. Interesting too that the last 3 of these were all apprentice ridden. Started off in listed company this season, running just ok but then disappointing at Ascot which is a stiff track and one I'm sure does not suit. Much improved effort last time out at Chester, a sharp track, over a trip too short when staying on best of all into a never nearer 2L 5th off this mark. I expect a return to this venue will suit and I think 12/1 is way too big for a horse that beat big Epsom winner of yesteday, Blue Surf, on its last start here.

Re: Flat Racing, Sunday 7th June not much out today just one fair race .... 540 good silver lining 98,77 easy tiger 98.65 guiding light 98.53 bushphaelus 98.53 tough race with easy tiger strong fav and he might be hard to beat but at 2/1 and the closeness of the ratings hes worthtaking on with silver lining and guiding light at bigger prices ...risky but very good value silver lining 2 pts win 7/1 betv guiding light 2 pts win 16/1 sportb

Re: Flat Racing, Sunday 7th June

3.30 Goodwood With 1 NR, we are down to 10 for this Class 4 Veterans Handicap over the minimum trip. Being open to 6yo+ only, we are unlikely to see a progressive type and looking for horses with conditions to suit should prove fruitful. Ginzan trotted up lto but has been raised 9lb. Whilst a 6L beating looks worthy of such a hike, the race was pretty poor in fairness and it is better judged on its previous effort when winning narrowly off 12lb lower than today in a lower grade. Slip Sliding Away is the favourite and should go well but I really think the horse is better over an extra furlong. Whilst it should stay on from the rear, I'm predicting a hard luck story so will avoid. Lady Of Gibraltar (8/1 Bet365) - You probably need a good imagination to understand why this is a bet but I just think it is ready to strike today and a very significant jockey booking supports that, having his first ride for the stable. Last won 3 years ago but that was over C&D and off a 5lb higher mark. 2 years ago, the horse ran some very solid races in top handicaps off marks a stone higher than today's. Clearly likes the undulating, sharp tracks with 3 turf wins coming here, Epsom & Lingfield and all wins over the minimum trip too. Must have ground good or better which it is today and hasn't really had the right conditions for since those good days of 2013 and previous. Soft ground, stiff tracks, high mark, wrong grade have all been to blame for average performances last year and that has continued in 2015. Likes to race prominent which is a plus over the sprint trip here and I also feel a lot of the rivals need a breakneck pace to show their best. Is entered at Haydock later in the week too so I'm hoping that's an indication of the horse's readiness to win. At 8/1 in a smallish field, I'm happy to take my chance.
That'll do, winning narrowly with the bonus of it going off at 10/1 too :ok