** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Ascot discussion thread 2015

Re: Royal Ascot discussion thread 2015 Looking forward to seeing how California Chrome copes with a big galloping course like Ascot. Will be completely different to anything he's experienced before. I'm also hoping Agnes Stewart makes the Coronation Cup as she was one I thought could have a big say in the classics before having a setback.

Re: Royal Ascot discussion thread 2015 Race I'm looking forward to: Queen Anne. My favourite race in the world. 1m, straight course, true test of ability, usually attracts the best milers... and this year we seem to get an absolute stellar field. Sollow v Able Friend v Night Of Thunder. It's mouth watering! Heard California Chrome's trainer/assistant trainer whining yesterday about the fact that they have to race at Royal Ascot.... it was the owners decision alone, and they would have mapped out a campaign at home actually. Trainer didn't sound particularly upbeat about Chrome's chances either. Well, he has clearly a point. Personally I can't see Chrome having any chance whatsoever. His sole turf win is a rather poor pointer and he doesn't strike me as classy enough to even finish in the money against Europe's 10f elite. And does he cope with the different track and pace? It'll be difficult for him. Nonetheless, I'm puzzled by the negative comments of his own camp. The guys should be happy to have a horse in their barn that is at least remotely good enough to have a go in Europe. They could just go to Royal Ascot and enjoy a big day out, thanking the owner for making it possible. This whinny American attitude - it baffles me.

Re: Royal Ascot discussion thread 2015 1st race looks to be the best of the meeting. When freddy Head says that Solow is the best he's trained, then take notice. Moonlight Cloud, Charm Spirit and the wonderful Goldikova are classed as inferior!!! Able Friend is in for a shock. Straight mile, fast ground and lightening pace makes this a thorough stamina test. Sha Tin and it's 2 furlong run in, it ain't. Upto now, only the St James Palace and Prince of Wales interest me...don't like Gleneagles going around a bend, he's such a long strider, going around a bend won't suit, he needs a long straight to show his best. Make Believe, if he makes the trip would carry my money. Whilst in the POW, if good or softer, then The Great Gatsby is my interest.

Re: Royal Ascot discussion thread 2015 Easton Angel and King Of Rooks are the two I am looking forward to seeing. I'm glad that Mulrennan has kept the ride on Easton Angel, would have been a shame for them to jock him off for Dettori now 50% of the horse has been sold to Al Shaqab racing or whatever they're called.