Photos: Aintree Grand National

Made it to my first Grand National on Saturday. To say the track is huge would be understatement - it is beyond anything I could have imagined beforehand! Was great to have a chance to walk the course and get a real sense for the enormous scale and to get close to all the legendary fences. On the other hand all my initial excitement came crashing down at the entrance to the course when I was refused entry with my camera because it was "too professional" they said! I had to leave at the "Left luggage desk". But luck was on my side eventually - after the last race it was announced that Many Clouds would parade in front of the stands once more. So I faked my intention to leave the course, got subsequently the cam handed out and just went back to get at least some shots of the 2015 GN winner. So most photos have been made with the mobile. Not ideal, but tried to make the best of it. Further down also some photos from cosy Leicester, where I went on Friday A beautiful course I really have to say. DSC_0609_zps4qzuko77.jpgDSC_0595_zpsymja1myw.jpgDSC_0557_zps8f9s04s6.jpgDSC_0620_zpsthimzug9.jpg20150411_161524_zpsihwvj1go.jpg National Parade 20150411_120224_zps89dnbb0q.jpg Becher's Brook 20150411_121337_zpshwhl6a0a.jpg Becher's Brook 20150411_135851_zpss1x2azpi.jpg20150411_171906_zpsunxjjrkr.jpgDSC_0436_zpsxrmk5qhr.jpg Paddys Motorbike - winner of the 10f 3yo Handicap at Leicester on Friday DSC_0525_zpsbhszjv8u.jpg Leicester Grand Stand DSC_0522_zpsjuzbexfv.jpg Leicester Grand Stand DSC_0448_zpswz6lxtr4.jpg Leicester home straight

Re: Photos: Aintree Grand National Lived in Leicester most of my life Florien and nearly choked when you said it was beautiful course, its outdated, poorly run and and turf is a right mess for most of the year (clay underneath). I don't go anymore to be honest. Cant believe you got your camera took off you, been to Aintree stacks of times with no bother! Good stuff :clap

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.