Breaking News - AP to retire !

Re: Breaking News - AP to retire ! Correct decision I think, he has nothing more to prove and no point risking a serious injury as his body is battered. Hope he takes out a training license as he would get McManus' backing. Who takes his place ? Mark Walsh ?

Re: Breaking News - AP to retire ! hope he continues in racing, im sure he will, but i can see him making comeback further down the line, who takes over?? i would like to see davy condon get another chance over here, or time paul townend number 1 job

Re: Breaking News - AP to retire ! I reckon Townend will wait to take over from Ruby and unless Geraghty wants a shot at being Champion jockey I don't think he'll fancy riding weekdays at Uttoxeter and Towcester throughout the year. He lives in Ireland as doesn't he so he'd have to move to the UK. Mark Walsh will get the job it looks like.

Re: Breaking News - AP to retire ! Best of luck to him, just hope Richard Johnson can bag a jockeys championship before he packs in too! He so deserves one. Rumors seem to point to AP being the next racing manger to JP, perfect job really when you think about it. Pretty sure he won't train, he's not patient enough for that. I admit i'm not his No 1 fan due to his early days when he knocked seven bells out of horses on a regular basis but i'll take my hat off to him for his dedication. Nice dramatic play out yesterday though, apparently he has a documentary team following him about at the moment and to announce it just after riding his 200th winner as he walked back to the paddock on terrestrial TV was priceless. Well done AP, now don't get injured before you finish!

Re: Breaking News - AP to retire ! Yeah 1/4 is a cracking bet if its already won:ok I suppose with the success Geraghty had with Jezki and More Of That at the Festival last season it was always going to be a tempting job if offered. Henderson does not have the Grade 1 certianties anymore like Sprinter, Bobs Worth, Simonsig, Riverside Theatre etc....and Jacob has been riding the Munir horses lets not forget.