Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th

Aidymac

Re: Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th I will get it started this week 4 pts win Sergio Garcia 8.00 Coral Impossible to get away from Sergio this week, the price hardly screams value, but when he has 6 top tens in 7 years here that speaks for itself 1pts each way Peter Uihlein 51.00 Skybet 16th here last year, I think the course suits and he showed signs of life with his 31st place finish last week. I like his game. 1 pts each way Steve Webster 81.00 Skybet Top 5 here the last 2 years and finished 12th in Abu Dhabi last week, could easily outperform this price this week. 1 pts each way Thomas Aiken 81.00 Skybet He has 2 top tens in 4 tries here and despite a missed cut last week I think he gets on fairly well with conditions in the desert swing 1 pts each way Alejandro Canizares 91.00 Coral 5th here last year and a solid 12th place last week, another who could run well at a decent price Good luck all

Re: Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th One bet for me in Qatar this week! Morten Orum Madsen - 3.5 Points each-way @ 125/1 Stan James I think this is a very big price for a player than played so well in Abu Dhabi last weekend to finish T12, with a four round score of -12. He played very solid the entire week and this is arguably a weaker field this week, as there is no McIlroy or Kaymer. He didn't figure in this last year, missing the cut, but that was his first time playing it. He is a talented young golfer, and has an each-way shout.

Re: Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Fisher to win Qatar Masters 40/1 Boylesports (1/4 1-5) This course has an Asian or African feel about it in terms of the grass used. The greens are very grainy and not always the best to read so anyone who has a good record in Asia or Africa should have a slight advantage. Overall though I’m looking for a strong, long driver of the golf ball so the one man who catches my eye is Ross Fisher. Fisher’s form is good with a narrow miss in the Nedbank and a decent run to blow the cobwebs off last week. He is driving the ball particularly well but his all round game is sufficient enough for me to believe he’s overpriced at 40s this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-ross-fisher-can-claim-a-first-qatar-title

Re: Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th Top player previews: 1pt ew A.Levy Top Continental European 18/1 Stan James (1/4 1-4) I’m surprised Alexander Levy is as big as 18/1 in this market. I would imagine he will be inspired by his countryman coming through to win last week and this layout looks perfect for him. He has won in China and challenged in Asia on a couple of other occasions so these greens should be fine for him and he is mighty long enough off the tee to take advantage of the longer holes. Levy got rid of any cobwebs last week and looks great value in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-alexander-levy-looks-good-value-in-the-continental-european-market 1pt ew S.Hend Top Rest of the World player 28/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) I’ve sided with Scott Hend a couple of times in recent weeks and I’m happy to do that again this week. This course should play similar to the Asian courses and the Australian has a wonderful recent record in Asia and won in Hong Kong last year. He is sneaky long off the tee – in fact nobody drove it further than him in Abu Dhabi last week and that length coupled with comfort on these type of greens should make Hend extremely dangerous and at 28/1 he looks a great value bet in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/qatar-masters-betting-scott-hend-can-head-the-international-challenge-in-doha

Re: Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th A few pointers for this week; course form is king & those that have played well previously here usually contend again. In fact, 7 of 8 players finishing in the top 5 (incl ties) had a top 25 finish in Doha the year before. Every one of those 8 played the week before in Abu Dhabi too so those that teed it up last week seem to have an advantage. This is a trend that goes back a few years too so likely to continue. Key stats focus around GIR & driving distance, with the latter being the one I'm most drawn especially with a driveable par 4 & reachable par 5's on the card. Many players in with chances &, at the prices, I like the chances of these 5: T.Olesen - 28/1 BetVictor - 3rd here last year & should be spot on after a never nearer 50th last week. Predicting a big year for the young Dane & should go close here. G.Coetzee - 45/1 Bet365 - 5th last year, and has a 2nd too for 2 other starts so clearly loves the place. A good putter too, 37th last week & has course form at 2 other tracks with close links to Doha in Oceanico (Portugal Masters) & Gleneagles (JW Championship). N.Colsaerts - 45/1 Betfred - Stand out pick, stats wise. The only player to finish in top 10 last season for both distance & GIR, a feat that reoccured at Abu Dhabi last week en route to a 26th place finish. Has 1 top 10 from 4 starts here, the main concern being he hasn't teed it up here for 3 years. Pa.Lawrie - 70/1 Bet365 - Former winner here, 20th last week & fantastic form at both Ocenaico & Gleneagles. Can negotiate the wind too, being a former Open winner, & looks to be rediscovering some of his old form. M.Ilonen - 40/1 Bet365 - Beaten in a play off last week, 9th the time before & a Finn on the up. Another non contender last week although he played all 4 rounds in making the cut & should be primed for another big week on one of his favourite tracks. Sensible EW staking plan would ensure we cover a stake should any one of our selections make the top 5. Find the winner too & we are in the money! Good luck all :ok

Re: Qatar Masters > January 21st - 24th A few players producing it a bit late for some of our tips last week. GL with Lawrie and Coetzee Russ. The young Asian player Byeong-Hun An brought to our attemtion by Striker last week certainly looks a talent in the making and my pay to follow whilst still flying under the Radar. Good spot Striker.