** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

National Volleyball League-Bulgaria

Here i will be posting bets on my local volleyball championship.The 1st half of the season is behind us now and the 2nd starts today.I've been betting on volleyball for a while and have some insights now.Hope it is going to be a profitable few months for us.Pirin-Marek will open up the 2nd half of the season today.I will share a few words with you later in the day when bet365 release the odds.GL!

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria I think Pirin and Marek may produce a high scoring 5 sets game.Pirin are spending a lot of money(for Bulgarian standards)for salaries and players are eager to earn their place in the team.They have a good mash-up of young and experienced players and everybody expects them to stay competetive until the end of the season.They have a great setter but really should spend some cash on getting a spiker because that's where their weak spot is.Their receivers are working hard but many great balls are being wasted due to the abcesnce of an experienced spiker.What we should say about Marek is that they are a traditional participant in the Champions League but they are far from the best teams so their only aim is to win the league once again.They are the best team around here for the last 4-5 years and will be very difficult for any of the others to win a game against them.As well as Pirin,Marek suffered the abcence of a spiker but they bought back Venelin Kadunkov from Dubai where he had a major role in his team to win the league.I expect him to play a major part in today's game either.Marek are not that stable on their visitings but with him in the squad i can see the things changing.Anyway let's see how is he working out for them.No chance any of the teams winning the game in 3 sets so my money goes to over 186.5 @ 1.9 with bet365 171

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Another one which i actually like is the HW on Dobrudzha against CSKA.CSKA have traditions in the volleyball but nowadays they are in a financial crysis but somehow they are doing decent remaining in the playoff zone.Their weakest spot are the centre-blockers having blocked more hits only than Minyor have.Quality hitters can easily penetrate their block but none players had been brought in on this position during the winter.Their attack has been improved by a local guy but i doubt he would change the world for them immediately.Dobrudzha are already over performing and i fully expect them to give up the 1st and the 2nd place during the 2nd half of the season.Minyor gave them really a hard time,despite losing 0:3(15:25,24:26,21:25)..I really can't trust them winning the league yet and i think CSKA could take at least a set today.CSKA +2.5 @ 1.9 with bet365.

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria No great value for today's game between Gabrovo and Montana.Montana will most probably take it in 3 straight sets but the bookies also seem to think so.Bet365 offers 1.36 for this option.It is a good accumulator bet.Gabrovo sold their best 2 players-their spiker who is an ex national player and one of their blockers.I really think they will get smashed today and will score no more than 50 points.Montana are not great but are doing fine so far and they are welcoming back from an injury their libero.No room for mistakes although they have no chance of getting in top 3 this is a match they will take with ease.Montana -2.5 @ 1.36 with bet365. 0:3

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria I want to suggest you what i think is a solid solid bet for tomorrow.Montana will host Minyor and they are about to humliate them.Minyor have 3 regulars out.They couldn't leave their working offices earlier and won't make it to the game.Montana beat Gabrovo away from home last round and from what i saw i can tell that they looked great attacking.Their blockers seemed to the fine and the libero worked great as well-somethng they have been missing in previous years.Minyor have not get their salaries for almost 5 months from now and the only hope for them to avoid relegation is to beat Levski in a game which was postponed.They don't have the required class to take a point from tomorrow's game.This info was released just yet and the bookies are still not aware of it so i suggest you to take -2.5 HW as soon as the odds become available.Under 125 points in the game is also a good option @ 1.4.I will be all over 3:0 home win @ 1.3 25:16,25:14,25:15

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Another one on my shortlist is the 3:0 win CSKA win over Gabrovo.Both teams lost in straight sets the 1st game after the winter break.But CSKA gave really a hard time to Dobrudzha scoring 65 points while Montana had an easy task against Gabrovo on the road.Today there will be no surprise and CSKA will win it comfortably.Although just 1 table position separates both teams,CSKA have 8 points more than their visitors and are really looking to extend their lead.AS i said before,centre blockers are their main problem but Gabrovo don't actually represent great threat to the opponents defending.Both teams will have all players available on their disposal and should field their best but Gabrovo receivers are maybe the worst in the league.Gabrovo and Minyor will decide which team will be relegated this year because i think despite the financial crysis Levski is in,they will fight for their place in the league and avoid the bottom finishI have no doubt CSKA will win this game in 3 sets @ 1.35.gl! 25:20,25:17,25:16

• 2 weeks later...

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Minyor-CSKA 17:00 Local time CSKA should be winning this one,no doubt about that.They have more depth in the squad and e leader of the team.CSKA beat Gabrovo at home in straight sets last round while Minyor lost 3:0 in Montana.They were with a couple of key players out who are back for tomorrow but will have their top player-Ivan Kovachev(spiker)out.I think with him out,they are doomed to lose one more time but this time will be at home.Their isn’t much difference between those two but the key abcense in Minyor camp would be crucial.They are in desperate need of points and should really give it a go at home with the support of the home crowd.My bet:over 147.5 points @ 1.83 with bet365

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Gabrovo-Arda 17:00 Local time As I tipped,Gabrovo were defeated last round in Sofia but it was what all expected so no disappointment there.Gabrovo relies on their home games to gain points in order to stay in the league.Only the last placed team (10th)will be relegated while the 9th will play and playout with the 1st team from the lower league,Gabrovo know that there are only 2 teams which can be defeated by them and those are Levski and Minyor so nobody expects anything from them tomorrow,Arda beat the league leader last time and are high flying expecting an easy win against one of the top candidates for relegation.Arda are chasing the top 3 and the win against teams from the bottom of the table like Gabrovo is a must for them.There is a mysterious sponsor who offered money to the team and it was announced that the team will take extra bonuses for every set they take.I think they won't lose in straight sets.My bet:over 140.5 @ 1.9 with bet365 130

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Levski-Montana 18:00 Local time Levski is a team who shouldn’t be afraid of going down in any competition in Bulgaria but they are in a deep crisis as a club.Most of the players,as was pointed out in the postst above,left the club because they were not getting their salaries on time and there are mostly youngsters and players on 30+ age who cannot find themselves a club and stayed in Sofia.Montana’s manager-Georgi Petrov was involved into a fight with Minior’s coach-Rumen Zlatanov,blaming his boys for a simulative playing.Anyway,Montana owner said that he doesn’t believe in the manager’s words and he should really be careful what he is saying.Despite the scandal Petrov stays put and should give his best and win the game in straight sets.His team is the better one and with the help of Georgi Bratoev(ex national player) they should be winning this one fairly comfortable.Earlier today Levski signed Chernokojev and Petrov who can give them a real boost.I think bookies are still not aware of this which didn'not affect the odds.I think Levski can take 1 set.A bit of a long shot here but my bet is Levski + 2.5 @ 4 with bet365

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Arda-Minyor Arda did what it was expexpected to do and without too much shining beat Gabrovo away.Personally,I expected Gabrovo to take a set due to the new sponsorship they signed but yet they were serving badly therefore their blocking was awful-just 1 block for the whole game.Arda have a way easier task,welcoming Minyor on Wednesday,not because Minyor are weaker than Gabrovo but because their players have jobs and train whenever it is possible-a games during the midweek are killing them because the players cannot leave earlier and the trip to Kurdjhali is impossible for them.Minyor will have a few players out-Stylian Asenov and Kovachev + a couple more.Arda will win this game fairly comfortably and I am waiting to see what odds bet365 are going to offer for -2.5 sets HW but anything above 1.2 is value and you can stick it into an accumulator.Minyor took a set from CSKA but they were at home in front of the exaggerated crowd while on the road …not so much.If -2.5 doesn’t represent any value, I will be looking at the points market to get on.If the line is set to under 130.5.My bet:Arda -2.5 @ 1.45 3:1

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Marek-Gabrovo The same situation here.Marek got their game against Dobrudja postponed and on Wednesday they will welcome one of the worst teams in here-Gabrovo.They got a new sponsor on Friday but it didn’t help them against Arda who didn’t put much of an effort to win in 3 sets and tomorrow in Dupnitsa will be no different.Marek are the best team around here and they should win the league once again.They are great at home and will hardly lose a set from now on.They will have maybe the easiest taks so far this season,welcoming Gabrovo.Most of the teams here,excluding of course Montana,Marek and Dobrudja rely only on their home games to get points and I can tell you Gabrovo were awful on Saturday so I don’t expect any improvement at least for tomorrow.Again,-2.5 HW if the odds are abouve 1.15 or I will be on the points market if the line I set to under 130.5.My bet:Marek -2.5 @ 1.25

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Lukoil-Levski Lukoil did great on Friday winning at home to Pirin (3-1)after they lost the 1st set.It will be a shame of they fail to win in 3 tomorrow.They are doing decent at home and even though they won’t finish in top 3 they are fired up for a higher performance this year.It was told that if there is any sort of improvement a big amount of money are going to be invested in the team for the next season so the players are keen to prove themselves to the board.Levski are awful at all areas.They are falling apart as a club .There were a couple of players signed in as it was mentione in the previous posts but they will be helpful against the smaller clubs such as Minyor and Gabrovo.Anything else than a win in 3 sets for the home side will be a great surprise.I expect bet365 to offer something like a 1.3 for this option and I will be all over it then.If the odds are lower I will be looking to take the under X points market.Let’s see what bet365 are going to offer.My bet:Lukoil -2.5 @ 1.35

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Minior-Marek The usual play here.Marek -2.5.Minior gave a hard time to CSKA only because the crowd were really behind them and CSKA are not welcomed in Pernik were Monior are situated but Marek are no enemy to the city so the atmosphere will be a lot calmer.Marek are way better than their opponents,some might even say the best team around,and I cannot see much of a problem for them tomorrow.Minior have salaries still unpaid,so do Marek,but the motivation is the key factor for tomorrow.Marek like taking part in Euro games so the 1st place must be theirs.My bet:Marek to win in 3 sets at 1.25 with bet365. 1:3

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Montana-Arda Montana are exactly the team who cannot play away from home.They have a mixture of young and talented players and players with a lot of experience who are not afraid of the away games but the youngers are still not confident in themselves.At home they feel somehow safe and that’s why they take so many points there.Minior managed to take a set in Kurdzhali last round but Arda stepped up and won the game without dropping any points so no harm here.I expect this to be a hard fought game,especially because Montana were defeated in Sofia last time so this is a must game for them if they want to have any chance of finishing in top 3.My bet:over 140.5 @ 1.9 194

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Levsk-CSKA I tipped Levski to win in Burgas last round and that was exactly what happened and it was expected from all.They will have no easier task tomorrow,welcoming CSKA.Levski are at home trying to win a point if they are to stay in the league.CSKA must be in high spirits after espaping from the living hell in Pernik and then defeating Montana,so I fully expect them to deliver well + the fact that Levski are their rivals in every sport around here.Both teams won’t give up with CSKA being way better than their hosts but I think Levski could score more than 50 points tomorrow.My bet:over 135.5 @ 1.83 with bet365. 177

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria UPDATE:Minyor confirmed that there is uncertainy around today's home game against Marek.They need a few hundreds to host the game.Still,Marek are expected to come to Pernik and see what will happen but either way,this unclearness around the situation must be unfluencing on the team behaviour on and out of the pitch.

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Pirin-Minior Pirin are still fightin for a top 3 finish and if they are to achieve that,they need to win this game without too much efforts.They sit 3th but with a 3 points tomorrow they will go up.They will have an easy taks welcoming Minior who’s financial problems were well documented.Yesterday Minior were defeated in Sofia by Levski but that game was a cup game where Minior are not interested in.They have a more important task and it is to keep their elite status.Their team is not the worst in the league but the financial crisis is influencing on the team.Anyhow,Pirin will take the 3 points without giving up a set.Pirin to win 3:0 @ 1.44 3:1

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Arda-CSKA No way on earth this game will end in 3 sets.Both teams are really evenly matched and I think we will se the all 5 sets.I think the way to go here is over points.Arda are decent at home but they have nothing to play for.CSKA are in a better mood and shape and they have every chance to win the game but I cannot see them doing it with ease.The home team will give them a hard time and there is where my money goes.Over 183.5 @ 1.9 with bet365

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria Marek-Montana Marek have what’s needed to secure the 3 points.Yes,they mai drop a set but that’s all.They beat Neftohimik during the week and should do it again tomorrow.This is a direct clash between the top 2 and the odds represent that.I think that the bookies don’t have enough knowledge on our volleyball league and are awfully wrong here,pricing Marek that high.Even though just few points separate the two teams Marek are way superior than their guests today so I will going all in on Marek.They really should be somewhere about 1.35-1.4.My 4th max bet for the season tomorrow.A win will mean that Marek will top the league and that’s exactly what will happen.Montana are overally not bad but on the road they tend to struggle against the better opponents and while I rate Marek to be the best around,I think Montana will lose on Sunday for sure.My bet:Marek to win @ 1.4 all in,Marek to win -1.5 @ 1.9 with high stakes 2:3

Re: National Volleyball League-Bulgaria After Marek were defeated by Montana on Sunday,a game I tipped to be my 4th max bet for the season,there were a several opinion which I share that tha game had been manipulated.There is no way on earth Marek to be that weak and lose to Montana who were defeated by every team in top 5 on the road.Anyway,I suffered a great lost on Sunday and I am really looking to compensate it today.Minyor will travel to Sofia to visit Levski in a game which appears to be crucial for both of the teams.Levski got 1 point from Dobrudzha(a game which also was suspicious) and will start the game in high spirits.Minyor lost 3:1 to Pirin but they must be optimistic after taking a set 3 times in a row from the strongest teams in the division.It was promised that Minyor’s owner to pay them well if they manage to win no matter how.The players have taken a day off work so they will travel in full squad.Levski will receive some bonuses too but they are because they took a point from Montana.Minyor have a team who really need a good and experience receiver and they could fight for top 5 next season.Levski,after siging a few new gyus,are playing much better,especially when it comes to attack.Their receiver still remains the weakest spot.It’s expected the referee to play a major part tomorrow because Levski is a top team in big crisis and nobody believes that they will be relegated at the end of the season.In the reverse fixture in Pernik last year,Minyor won in 3 sets so they will be full of confidence to achieve another victory.I will be betting on:Minyor +1.5 @ 1.83 with bet365,high stakes