** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Portugal » League Cup » Guimaraes - Sporting 29.12.2014

royce

Sporting stated that they will use reserves and B team and their priority is not League Cup but Primeira Liga. They won't even give tickets to their supporters because of difficult relationship between the fans of both teams. So Sporting will be without their supporters. Moreover, this game seems to be the last one for their coach who is going to be dismissed soon. Media even reported yesterday that he had already been fired. So there is a conflict inside Sporting team. Guimaraes coach said this game is important for his team. So I see a good value in Guimaraes win. Odds are dropping quickly so it is better to hurry up and take Guimaraes` win. Good luck.

Re: Portugal » League Cup » Guimaraes - Sporting 29.12.2014 Guimaraes look a great price here.They have announced almost a full squad except for Bruno Alves and David Caiado. http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/taca-da-liga-vitoria-guimaraes-sporting/54a036450cf29c45d80e13b1.html They are expected to play a strong team.Guimaraes are unbeaten at home all season and have gotten a draw against Porto and beaten Sporting 3-0 in that time. As you said Sporting will use mainly players from Sporting b who are mid table in the second division. http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?article=792953&tm=45&layout=158&visual=49 There is a lot of tension at Sporting right now.Major conflict between the president Bruno De Carvalho and manager Marco Silva who is expected to be sacked soon. Sporting have not officially announced their squad and will not be doing any press conferences before the game. However, they travelled to Guimaraes last night and according to this Sporting forum i have been reading in Portuguese... http://www.forumscp.com/index.php?topic=64433.140 ...the following players have been spotted on tv travelling to the game. Sacko Dramé Podence Luis Ribeiro Boeck Tanaka Rossell Slatchev Heldon Bruno Wilson Gaud Tobias Gerales Sarr Meideros Again, nothing has been announced officially but the squad is sure to look more or less like that.Rabia was supposed to play but has had to return to Egypt. All in all Guimaraes look a great price against what is in effect mostly a second division team.

Re: Portugal » League Cup » Guimaraes - Sporting 29.12.2014 This is the most up to date website for any news http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/nacional/1a_liga/sporting/default.aspx Like i said the team wont be announced until an hour or so before kick off but all Portuguese websites are predicting a very weak side for Sporting. Sporting have not offered tickets to their fans and in any case they all want to see a B team play...the Sporting forum that i linked to will give you a good idea of what they think of the game. I would make Guimaraes much much shorter

Re: Portugal » League Cup » Guimaraes - Sporting 29.12.2014 Watched the game and the home side were very uninspiring. Had all the ball, most of the attacks and 14 corners but failed to produce any real killer chance and didn't cut effectively a team from a league below them open once. Very, very poor standard of football. Lots of fast pace and energy but no real cutting edge. Very dull. It reflects on the league in general and the national team.

Re: Portugal » League Cup » Guimaraes - Sporting 29.12.2014 What do you think about Porto's game? Odds are currently 1.50-1.60 Call-up: Helton and Andrés Fernández (g.k.); Martins Indi, Marcano, Casemiro, Quaresma, Brahimi, Quintero, Tello, Reyes, José Ángel, Evandro, Adrián López, Ricardo, Campaña, Óliver Torres, Ivo Rodrigues and Aboubakar In end of November Porto won with Rio 5:0. I understand that these are different competitions, but it seems to me that they should win, even without Martinez, Danilo and Alex Sandro.