** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dubai Open - Dec 18-21

Crouch Potato

David Howell @ 21 Betfair From all reports this will play a bit like a links course and if that's true than Howell would benefit as he's good around links courses, as his win at the Alfred Dunhill last year proved. He's also won in Dubai before and is a resident there, so he'll have a better understanding of the conditions than most. Fleetwood is obviously a big threat but the field is so weak here that I'm happy to take a quality golfer at these odds.

Re: Dubai Open - Dec 18-21 Darren Clarke @ 67 Various Having looked again at the field I just can't go past Clarke. As I said earlier this may well have a links feel to it and though Clarke hasn't had any success since taking the Claret jug the truth is the field here is just extraordinarily weak. Given I expect the course to play to Clarke's liking I feel compelled to have the Northern Irishman on my side.

Re: Dubai Open - Dec 18-21

Darren Clarke @ 67 Various Having looked again at the field I just can't go past Clarke. As I said earlier this may well have a links feel to it and though Clarke hasn't had any success since taking the Claret jug the truth is the field here is just extraordinarily weak. Given I expect the course to play to Clarke's liking I feel compelled to have the Northern Irishman on my side.
Well Crouchy, I wonder what price the "New Clarkey" was before tee off today. I guess you weren't expecting to see him ploughing through the field like he did today with a superb 64. It's been a long time since he seen one of them (nearly as long as he hadn't seen his pecker before shedding several stone). I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. He should be raring to go...the old Clarkey would be on his 7th pint and whiskey chaser by now!!