** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Galatasaray SK v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th 3pts Galatasaray (+0.25AH) to beat Arsenal 1.91 BetVictor Arsenal are favourites for this match but they look a bit short to me. It is never easy to go and win in Turkey with a full strength squad let alone when you are resting a few because you are already through. This Galatasaray side aren’t the side of old but Arsenal still have a soft centre which they can exploit and so they look worth taking on the Asian handicap here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/galatasaray-vs-arsenal-betting-arsenal-may-struggle-in-turkey-without-sanchez

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th I believe we have really great odds on Arsenal's away win this time. I can get them around 2.20 at my local bookie, so tasty. Yes, they looked quite short at the back this weekend, but still they have alot firepower to score couple of goals. Wenger believes that they can top the group and probably he won't rest many players. They lost their last game, its time to regain the confidence and game against Gala is perfect for this kind of treatment. On the other hand we have Gala which is the last team in this group and can play without any pressure. That's the only thing that scares me here, cuz I don't know Turkish league. Their last result show some improvement, but I still believe Arsenal will be too much for the home side again. Its about a pride for the home side and fight for the first place for Arsenal. Which side would you pick?

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th Alexis Sanchez and Koscielny haven't travelled to Turkey as they are too important to risk in such a game. Arsenal are a defensive disaster at the moment and this is a game they don't really need, Wenger will likely make more changes, he said they have a '10%' chance of topping the group. I can't really see Dortmund slipping up against Anderlecht but either way the PL is the priority for Wenger currently as he is under a lot of pressure, Galatasaray are equally hopeless though. Won't be betting on this game.

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th WARNING : DO NOT BET ON ARSENAL ... GALATASARAY fired Prandelli a few weeks ago .. and hired an inexperienced coach with great potential who was a Galatasaray player . Knows the Turkish mentality knows the players ... they don't play great at the moment ... but spirit of classic Galatasaray playing style goes on .. similar to Fatih Terim's style ... whole team pressing up front ... not giving up till the last second .. That is what the fans desire ... Running around like wild dogs and playing with the heart !!! Galatasaray approaches this game as the last game in Europe this year and with the new coach they want to win this game ... They do not want to lose and give the fans a parting gift !!!

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th Wenger pretty much named the starting team in his press conference: Szczesny Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesacker, Bellerin Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Sanogo, Campbell On the bench there will be youngsters such as Zelelem, Maitland-Niles and Chuba Akpom who has looked good and scored goals in the England youth set up lately. This is a match that could go any way with changes, motivation and form issues for both sides. So I won't back a result. Instead I fancy Poldolski at 3/1 to bag a goal. He has been itching to start a match all season and I think he will be desperate to score and definitely has the ability to do so and tends to do well in the Champions League (goals against Anderlecht and Bayern off the bench in recent memory). Podolski to Score - 3/1 (Betfair)

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th

I just wonder where's Gibbs? Bellerin will play as a left back? Anyways, I agree with toaster that Podolski to score is very likely to happen.
Yep Wenger said Bellerin on the left, where he hasn't played too much before. Have to say both teams to score looks nailed on too with neither team really having anything to lose here, could be an entertaining match. BTTS is only 1.53 though. Podolski to score has come in a lot on Betfair - before I made my bet!

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th I have to say that Arsenal should easily win for Podolski and Campbell are auditioning for jobs elsewhere and will show why they came to Arsenal in the first place. Turkish teams are rubbish end of story. Drogba is where he belongs and the lone dutchmen is booking his flight to liverpool to save Rodgers. The crowd will be happy to see TV cameras ,for it will be a while before they play another CL game Arsenal american +125

Re: Galatasaray SK v Arsenal > Tuesday December 9th

WARNING : DO NOT BET ON ARSENAL ... GALATASARAY fired Prandelli a few weeks ago .. and hired an inexperienced coach with great potential who was a Galatasaray player . Knows the Turkish mentality knows the players ... they don't play great at the moment ... but spirit of classic Galatasaray playing style goes on .. similar to Fatih Terim's style ... whole team pressing up front ... not giving up till the last second .. That is what the fans desire ... Running around like wild dogs and playing with the heart !!! Galatasaray approaches this game as the last game in Europe this year and with the new coach they want to win this game ... They do not want to lose and give the fans a parting gift !!!
Running around like wild dogs could not help the team to win I guess. I agree with you that glata will probaby start the game in a high pressure up front, but the point is how many minutes will it continue? If they score, than Arsenal will score and draw for halftime. If they can't score than Arsenal can score, and away half time. Similar picture on the second half...I'm expecting a draw or away win but I can't see any value on this match. Two unpredictible team at the moment. GL :D