** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UFC Fight Night 55 and 56

UFC

Two UFC's on this weekend so thought I'd put them in one thread seeing as my accumulator spreads across the two events. Accumulator: Louis Smolka win, Dylan Andrews win, Soa Palelei by KO/TKO and Ian McCall win. @ 23/5 (with Unibet) Potential Upsets (Both odds with Unibet): Al Iaqunita win @ 7/5 Ovince Saint Preux @ 29/20 (odds rising) Louis Smolka - Although he is fighting on short notice he is easily a top 15 fighter in this division and way out of Vaculik's league. Smolka's only loss came as a split decision to Chris Cariaso who is no slouch in the division and his last fight was for the title. I expect Smolka to find the finish here, if not a comfortable UD victory. Dylan Andrews - I'm a big fan of Andrews and although Sam Alvey is a decent fighter and has bags full of potential as he holds great power and a great chin, he looked very inexperienced in his loss to Tom Watson. I feel he could have easily taken that fight and even pursued the finish, but he seems tentative at times and quite a slow starter which in turn will cost him rounds. Providing Andrews can avoid Alvey's big power I believe he's a much smarter fighter and this is a decent matchup for him, he shouldn't have too many problems grinding out this fight and taking at least 2 of the 3 rounds for a decision victory. Soa Palelei - I picked this one by KO/TKO as the odds are insane. Palelei's last 11 wins have come by KO/TKO, with 9 of them happening in the first round. Everything is against Harris in this fight, he's taking this on short notice, he's fighting on Palelei's home turf, he was TKO'd in his last UFC fight within 30 seconds to Nikita Krylov who was barely heavy enough to be considered a heavyweight and now fights in the Light Heavyweight division. Palelei hits with a lot more force and I can't see Walt Harris lasting long in this fight. With all these into account, odds of 19/20 for Palelei to win by KO/TKO are too good to be turned down, in fact I'd probably even take them at 1/2, a nice boost to the odds of this accumulator. Ian McCall - John Lineker is a hard hitter in this division and all but one of his UFC victories have come by KO/TKO. However, none of these wins are against anyone too spectacular and Ian McCall is a huge step up in class. Lineker looks like he is improving on his weight cutting and overall stamina in fights now, however Ian McCall's stamina is on another level, probably the best in the division other than the champ Demetrious Johnson (who McCall drew to in their first fight). McCall does a great job at getting in and out without being tagged by anything too ferocious and I think this matchup is great for him. Lineker throws everything like he's trying to finish his opponent, and it's usually very predictable. I think he'll have problems tagging McCall and keeping up with the pressure and pace McCall sets. I expect a UD victory for McCall. Wouldn't be too surprised if he manages to finish a tired Lineker late on by TKO or submission though. The two upsets: Al Iaquinta - This should be a great, close fight. I've always been impressed with Iaquinta and he seems to be improving his standup game every fight. I expect this to be a VERY close fight and could go 29-28 either way, possibly even a split decision. I'm probably going to avoid betting this one and sit back and enjoy as it'll be too close to call IMO. If Iaquinta doesn't allow Pearson to grind him against the fence and possible steal a takedown or two, it could be enough for the judges to score a close round in his favour. Odds of 7/5 are very tempting but it'll be a tough fight to call and probably only worth a low stake bet at most. Ovince Saint Preux - Whilst you can never rule out Shogun, especially in his hometown, I'm surprised by these odds and thought they'd be closer. He was 13/10 the other day and now drifting to 29/20, if this continues he may be closer to 7/4-2/1 come fight night. As long as OSP doesn't show Shogun any respect he should be able to turn this into a grueling fight, and if he can get Shogun against the cage and takedowns he should be able to dig away at Shogun's gas tank whilst taking rounds and helping maintain his own stamina. If he gives Shogun too much respect, this could turn into a standup war and if Shogun lands any bombs this could end quickly. OSP has said he won't be looking to engage and hopefully the he sticks to his gameplan and fights smart. I'm going to wait on this one and see if the odds continue to rise, if he drifts further toward 2/1 then I'll definitely be putting some money on.

Re: UFC Fight Night 55 and 56 Well done some very good shouts :ok Hope to see some more posts. Like a UFC bet myself so if a few of us contribute would be ace. Still learning this end though but so far ive done well. I find though i can go 2 or 3 cards and no value then like yesterdays a few value. Pearson was well overated been wanting to take him on since watching his fight get stopped in the uk v Guillard as he was loosing that on his feet. Beat a broken Maynard since so the 7/5 you got for a solid up and comer was excellent