** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Frys.com Open > October 9th - 12th

Bamford

The Frys.com always seems to favour those on the under card; those who have made contending progression during the course of the previous 12 months. It may sound a little strange but I found Graham Delaet's performance at his home Open an eye opener. The Canadian Open has always been a poisoned chalice for home players, so Graham's contending week (he eventually finished 7th) up at Royal Montreal highlighted to me that the 32 year old is maturing. Top 15 at Valhalla was his best Major performance to date and I was impressed by the Canadian's putting at Cherry Hills. Has a great chance this week at 28/1. With greens quoted as being as soft as 10.5 on the stimpmeter, birdies will flow. I also like the look of George McNeill and Jason Kokrak - both can contend for sure. I've also plumped for Cameron Tringale. Underrated and showed at Houston, Old White and Ridgewood that when he reaches the tops of leaderboards these days, he's certainly not overawed. I found the 45/1 on offer generous for a guy that improves his FEC ranking from 61st to 20th across the PlayOffs and who was in the Top 5 at the Tour Championship after 36 holes. Maturing towards that first win.

Re: Frys.com Open > October 9th - 12th Jimmy Walker - 5 Points WIN @ 16 Betfair Harris English - 5 Points WIN @ 50 Betfair I thought Jimmy was one of the best players at the Ryder Cup for the US team a few weeks ago, tee to green he was fantastic and his putting ain't too shabby either. He won three times on tour last season and previous to that he was just a journeyman professional, but what a difference a year makes! He went 187 PGA Tour events in a row without a win then won 3 in the space of a couple of months. He won this event last year with a score of -17 so he has very fond memories playing in this. If he brings his A-game here this week, he will be bang there. Harris English is a very talented golfer in my eyes and he would have been gutted to miss out on the Tour Championship by just 1 spot in the Fedex Cup series. He finished 31st and the Top 30 qualified. This will only make him hungrier for success this year and I firmly believe he is a golfer to follow this season. He hits the ball a long way, hits a great iron and has the game to get into the elite. This will be his first time playing in the Frys.com Open but he won around this time last year, winning the Mayakoba Classic.

Re: Frys.com Open > October 9th - 12th Tournament preview: 1pt ew G.DeLaet to win Frys.com Open 25/1 William Hill (1/4 1-5) Hitting greens is going to be a huge thing this week with the tricky ups and downs if you miss them and if you have length off the tee to take some of the danger out of the way then that is another bonus too so Graham DeLaet looks a good bet here. You could quite rightly argue that he’s plenty short enough at 25/1 having not won on Tour yet but it has only been his putter which has held him back yet on new greens this week there could well be a few who struggle to get it rolling on the dancefloor. With two par 5s and a drivable par 4 in the last three holes extra length could be crucial and given that DeLaet has that and hits a lot of greens I can’t find a reason not to include him in my bets this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/frys-com-open-betting-graham-delaet-can-land-first-tour-title-in-california

Re: Frys.com Open > October 9th - 12th Top player markets: 3pts L.Westwood Top GB&I Player 7/4 Ladbrokes Although he’s a fairly short price for a golf market I do think Lee Westwood looks a good thing this week. He might enjoy the new greens more than a player who is set into a good rhythm on greens and more importantly he should have the ball in play from tee to green a lot. Westwood got the putter warm at the Ryder Cup recently and if he can take the good feelings from that event into this one he should be too good for the five men in this field. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/frys-com-open-betting-lee-westwood-should-be-the-pick-from-the-british-isles 2pts M.Leishman Top Australasian 10/3 Stan James I’m siding with length being fairly important though and with that in mind I’m going with Marc Leishman to justify favouritism here. Leishman doesn’t lack for length and with there not being as much of a premium on accuracy from the tee this week I expect a decent showing from the Australian. Leishman tends to go well in tournaments with big greens and that’s what he’s got here so I think he can stick a few close and lead home the Australasian charge this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/frys-com-open-betting-marc-leishman-can-justify-his-top-australasian-favourite-tag-