** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct

kevshat

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Karlsson to win Portugal Masters 28/1 Betfred (1/4 1-5) Lowry and Wiesberger aren’t the only ones who like it around this course. Robert Karlsson has three top three finishes in just four starts around this golf course. He hasn’t played it for a couple of years after his problems with his game but he’s back now and playing well and most importantly he’s putting well. If Karlsson hits top form on the greens his all round game should be way too good for this field on any course let alone one he enjoys playing so he looks a good bet this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-masters-betting-robert-karlsson-can-improve-his-good-record-in-portugal

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Top GB & I preview: 1pt ew E.Pepperell Top GB&I Player 19/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-4) One man who has been high up in the putting stats in almost every tournament he has played this year is Eddie Pepperell and this is the sort of tournament that he can deliver the goods in. He’s been in the mix an awful lot this season without getting the job done but that has often been in stronger fields than this one. This isn’t a strong field and the way he has the ball rolling on the greens Pepperell looks a danger to all here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-masters-betting-eddie-pepperell-can-impress-in-portugal

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Top RoW preview: 2pts G.Coetzee Top RoW Player 5/1 Spreadex George Coetzee is another South African who has putted well all year and his extra length makes him a good proposition this week. He has two top six finishes here in the two attempts he’s had in this tournament so this is clearly a course he enjoys playing and given how open the course is that’s no surprise. If it comes down to a putting contest, which everything suggests it may well do then Coetzee should have the confidence to be right in the mix on Sunday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-masters-betting-george-coetzee-can-lead-home-the-internationals

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Justin Walters - 5 Points WIN @ 250 Betfair Justin Walters - 5 Points Top 10 Finish @ 21 Betfair Marcel Siem - 3 Points WIN @ 48 Betfair Hopefully I have found a bit of value with this Walters bet, he is far too big a price in my book even though he has had a rather miserable season. Last year he was in the exact same boat as this week, he needed a good showing in Portugal to save his card and he pulled it out of the bag, finishing 2nd. He is now sitting in 128th in the Race to Dubai and only the Top 110 go forward. This week is basically to save his career, so if there was ever a time to back him, it is this weekend. He knows he has to produce his best and he has a real liking for this place which saved him last year. Marcel Siem is very hit or miss but he is more than capable of going well this week for me. He played very well in the Alfred Dunhill last week in very tough conditions to finish 11th and finished off with closing rounds of 68 and 68 which was impressive. He has yet to get his head in front this season and although this is a strong enough field, he looks a very decent price. He finished 17th here last year with a score of -11 and hopefully the German can put in a bold show again this week.

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Chris Doak 100/1 ew 1/4 odds 1-5 He was on my radar after finishing an impressive 5th in the Dunhill Links. Didn't know a great deal about him tbh, but was expecting much lower odds on Monday am, given he finished t8 I'm this event last year. B365 lowered their odds to 125/1(presumably from 150s?), but I don't have an account with them these days. Took 100/1 with PP(now 80s), but that price is still available with b365. If he can continue where he left off at St Andrews(top GIR there), he could be thereabouts. Hope so! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct

Chris Doak 100/1 ew 1/4 odds 1-5 He was on my radar after finishing an impressive 5th in the Dunhill Links. Didn't know a great deal about him tbh, but was expecting much lower odds on Monday am, given he finished t8 I'm this event last year. B365 lowered their odds to 125/1(presumably from 150s?), but I don't have an account with them these days. Took 100/1 with PP(now 80s), but that price is still available with b365. If he can continue where he left off at St Andrews(top GIR there), he could be thereabouts. Hope so! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure your disappointed Bobby, given Doaks's 1st round score and his placement last year. You wont be alone. The fact that Doak shot the third worst score of the whole field in the 2nd round is somewhat frustrating. Dig a little deeper, I believe off course issues may have affected his game. His wife has just had his first child and the short circuiting nature of the tournament, due to the weather wouldn't have helped anyone. However his 2nd round was abysmal. I had him EW in the top Scot market. I thought a place was nailed on after Thursday. Sympathies.

Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Thanks mate. Yeah, I'm gutted if I'm honest. He was as low as 16/1 with Paddy Power during his 1st round. He just went to pieces, didn't he? Really thought I was going to get place money, at worst. Equally gutting for you, maybe more so, in top Scot market. Shame. I didn't know til this morning that he failed to make the cut! Unbelievable. Will keep an eye on him though in the future. Could win a tourney at big odds, sadly not on this occasion :( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Portugal Masters - 9-12 Oct Yes, agreed, it certainly was a very strange lapse in form after such a great first round. Looking more and more like Round 3 might not even finish, I am gutted as Justin Walters has been making smooth progress towards that Top 10 spot, he has been bogey-free this week so far.

Yes, agreed, it certainly was a very strange lapse in form after such a great first round. Looking more and more like Round 3 might not even finish, I am gutted as Justin Walters has been making smooth progress towards that Top 10 spot, he has been bogey-free this week so far.
Tournament is over. That is a cruel way to lose a bet(if that's the case), with him nicely positioned with 1 & 2/3rd rounds still to play. Wonder how bookies settle matters? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournament is over. That is a cruel way to lose a bet(if that's the case), with him nicely positioned with 1 & 2/3rd rounds still to play. Wonder how bookies settle matters? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I haven't received a refund and don't expect one, absolutely sickening.