Chester races Saturday 13th September

Good afternoon everyone, I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum so I apologise if it's not. However I am wondering if anyone can help me with some tips/fancies for this Saturday at Chester? I'm off there for my birthday with a group of mates and after going extremely well for a long period the last couple of times I have been to the races I haven't done very well at all. Anyway any help would be massively appreciated Many thanks Matt

Re: Chester races Saturday 13th September

Have I put this in the correct section? Sorry to pester but it would be great for some help. Many thanks again
I would think you might get a few tips from Thursday when the final declarations are made, probably Friday evening & into Saturday morning for most. Enjoy the day. Rio.

Re: Chester races Saturday 13th September I've looked at the 2.20 because its one of the scoop 6 races & I'm having a stab tomorrow. The pin lands on Mezzotint who seems to be returning to form after a barren spell. He was just caught over the C&D LTO on good to soft in a bit better race than tomorrows & he's just a pound higher for that run, the better ground & the ease in class should help. He's won at this class & off a higher mark in the past & the draw in 6 should be ok, he's around 7/1 as I write. I've been playing around with some speed figures for 2yo's this year & have rated the nursery at 3.30. I have Perardua just top rated from Arthur Martinleake. Perardua has been very consistent & she ran well at Sandown off just a pound lower LTO under Ryan Moore & Jack Garritty takes over here & claims a useful 5lb. The draw in 4 is ok & she likes to be up there with the pace which is no bad thing at Chester, she's around 4/1. Arthur Martinleake was out of his depth in the big sales race at York LTO, if you forget that he seemed to be going the right way & broke his duck in a Yarmouth maiden although it was a bit of a nothing race. He ought to be better in this sort of race & is a reasonable 7/1 but stall 8 is a bit of a worry here & that would tip me towards Perardua. ATB Rio.

Re: Chester races Saturday 13th September Morning Barnes, I agree with Rio re. the 3.30, but personally I feel the 8/1 about Arthur Martinleake makes him the bet over Perardue despite the draw disadvantage. Ran a good figure when winning his maiden, and the mark of 79 looks very fair. Needs to break and get across from stall 8 which is an ask, but if he can get a possy, an e/w bet at 8/1 shouldnt be far off the mark. In the 4.10, I thought ZUGZWANG has looked a different horse since stepping up to 10f, and I don't think the 4lb rise to 79 will stop him today. Likes to sit prominent which is key, and the race doesn't look particularly strong. I'd be favouring a bet on Zugzwang at aroun 6/1, although Duke of Yorkshire would have to be considered at 4/1.