West Ham v Southampton > Saturday August 30th

Re: West Ham v Southampton > Saturday August 30th West Ham United v Southampton Source William Hill Opta Stats · West Ham have lost only two of their last 11 Barclays Premier League games against Southampton and are unbeaten in the last five. · Saints have scored exactly one goal in five of their last six Premier League games against West Ham. · None of West Ham's last 17 Premier League games have ended level (W8 L9) · The Hammers have conceded only eight goals in their last nine Premier League home games. · Saints have taken only four points from their last five Premier League away games (W1 D1 L3). · Shane Long has scored only two goals in his last 14 Premier League appearances. · Last weekend, Carlton Cole scored in his 12th separate Premier League campaign. · Southampton have claimed 30 points in 2014, just one fewer than Manchester United. · West Ham have drawn only one of their 21 Premier League games in 2014 so far. · Southampton have used only 14 players this season; only Swansea have used as few.

Re: West Ham v Southampton > Saturday August 30th From my point of view Southampton made many things wrong already. Ronald Koeman was good coach, but only in his country where he has star status. His spell at Valencia ended with a epic tragedy. I like his brother Erwin, still remember some good piece of work with Hungarian National Team, but now Erwin is just a second coach. Next wrong thing are bad, bad replacements. I mean Tadic is brilliant and I think he will be their best player in this season. I'm not so sure if new attackers Graziano Pelle and Shane Long even together score the same numbers of points as Ricky Lambert did it last season (13 goals and 11 assists). Shane Long always looks like nothing special, he never was someone like for example Darren Bent – he is not recognize as a solid striker who can bring new level of quality. Waste of money. Pelle is a question mark, better strikers from Eredivisie struggled to prove a point in Premier League. He is a manager boy so at lest he will be having chances to play. We will see, at the moment he is nothing special. Another silly transfer and sign of wasting money was hiring new goalkeeper Frazier Forster. Sure, he is good goalie, still young enough to be solid for many years, but seriously they had decent, experienced Artur Boruc so why you throw over 12 millions euros for goalkeeper if you need many other players to replace big departures in the squad?? As for new centre back from Steaua he is still waiting for his debut so at the moment Yoshida tries to replace Dejan Lovren (poor defender for Croatia NT, but really solid for Southampton last season). Japanese in last season was used as a bench player, two season ago he was a regular and Saint always paid the praise because of his presence. New fullback looks OK, especially Bertrand, but clearly they will be more useful in attack than in defense. So, this is long list of issues for Saints. I won't be surprise if they will get involve into a relegation battle at some point of the season. I would also gladly take a bet that Koeman will not be Saint manager in August 2015, but I simply could not find such option in bookies. As for West Ham I admire their job during transfer window. They found promising attackers and kept best players. They recognize well where there weak spots are. Now attack finally looks well and with proper depth. New centre back/defensive midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate was also an instant reinforcement for them. First two game showed signs of progress. They were very unlucky to earn nothing from game against Tottenham, but victory over Crystal Palace should be a good morale booster. Sure, they picked up a knock-out in League Cup, but lets not forget that they use many, many players who won't start on Saturday. Missings: West Ham: Kevin Nolan will miss second consecutive game because of injury. He was important last season, but I think that in this one, when West Ham tries to play a bit different football he will not be so important, especially as midfielder. Winger Jarvis, right fullback Carl Jenkinson and Andy Carroll remain on long term injury list. Defender James Collins served ban, but is out because of an injury. On paper many missing, but most of them were not involve in this year campaign. Southampton: Jay Rodriguez was one of key players last season (15 goals and 3 assists). He remains a major doubt, most likely he still lacks match fitness.

Re: West Ham v Southampton > Saturday August 30th West Ham v Southampton 7/4 (generally available) I like Southampton here, although at odds of 7/4 the bookies certainly aren't being as generous as they could be. Saints summer player exodus has been well highlighted although it hasn't seemed to affected them too much, judging by their early season form anyway. A quality away performance at Liverpool went unrewarded and was followed by a workmanlike performance and draw against a stubborn WBA team. Midweek saw another decent away performance in the League Cup and a creditable 2-0 win at Millwall. In Tadic they seem to have unearthed a nugget and he is clearly making them tick in much the same way Adam Lallana did last season. Goals might be a problem though. 12 million signing Shane Long is hardly prolific and Granizano Pelle is still finding his feet, although a stoppage time first goal for him v Millwall might just be the catalyst to kick start his confidence. Although West Ham gained an excellent away win at Crystal Palace last week their earlier loss at home to Tottenham, exposed a weak belly in my opinion. In recent seasons they seem to have struggling at Upton Park early in the season and, when things aren't going well, their own fans have a habit of turning on the players. In midweek, albeit with a changed West Ham team, they were taken to extra time and eventually defeated by Sheff Utd. As always seems to be the case, injury worries haunt the Hammers once again. Six players are potentially out, with Sakho, Jarvis, Jenkinson and Collins all joining Carroll and Nolan in the treatment room this week. So all in all, I see this as an opportunity for Southampton to take control of this game and convert their high possession and high press style, into 3 points. I also wouldn't put people off a Granizano Pelle opener, given he is now off the mark and his confidence levels are running high. Good luck. Southampton - to win 7/4 (generally) G Pelle - FirstGoalscorer 7/1 (generally)

Re: West Ham v Southampton > Saturday August 30th West Ham v Southampton West Ham: Sakho (1/0 f)(doubtful), Collins (1/0 d), Jarvis (0/0 m), Jenkinson (0/0 d), Nolan (1/0 m), Carroll (0/0 f) Southampton: Isgrove (1/0 m), Rodriguez (0/0 f), Gallagher (0/0 f) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com