** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Calculating/generating tennis odds?

I'm hoping at least one expert is able to tell me how the below calculator is able to generate tennis odds please? I am writing an essay. It uses a few stats that are easily available and isn't always accurate but in this example - Cilic v Baghdatis (US Open), it gave an accurate enough indication, albeit to 100% (no margin applied). I'm more interested in how it uses the numbers shown to give the odds, rather than how accurate it is. 2a76634.jpg (The break point saving improvement = service points won % - break points saved %) Odds found online: 2ikw60k.png Cheers!

Re: Calculating/generating tennis odds? From the first 3 numbers you can get an estimate of the % of points each player will win on their serve i.e. (1st serve% x First serve Win%) + ((100 - 1st serve%) x 2nd serve win%). For example if a player has a first serve % of 60% (and therefore a second serve% of 40%) and he wins 70% of points on first serve and 50% on his second serve this would mean he wins (0.6x0.7) + (0.4x0.5) = 0.62 or 62% of service points. Once you have this number for each player you can then calculate the probability of each player winning their service games. Once you have this you can then derive the probability of each player winning a set, and then the match.

• 2 weeks later...