** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Free tipsters.

7 years ago jackg99 started a thread in July 2007 headed VALUESCOPE. Dave Mitchell I believe his name and still posting to date so I guess he is not too bad. Being a tipster based follower myself I am wondering if any member has a good or bad record with such tipsters and can give us the heads up. Although I still dip into Valuescope every so often I think such tips must be followed, without fail if a profit is to be made and so any losses I have incurred are down to me. I like Lawrence Taylor of the ATR site plus Ged Egan for festivals and weekends and also have fun with SF picks via the D. Mirror which are used in part but not alone but can never nail Pricewise and blame myself for playing them now and again.

Re: Free tipsters. With over 30 viewings I was hoping for a quick response but perhaps I am out of step with modern betting but then I ask why are there a million viewers on Saturday for the Morning Line and why is Pricewise so popular? I was hoping that it would be possible to get a system or perhaps a staking suggestion built around a free tipster, something to benefit us all, maybe there is still time.

Re: Free tipsters. I have a laying based thread which is sort of based around the Selections Box in the Racing Post. I also have had systems in the past where the staking plan is based around the number of selections in the above.

Re: Free tipsters. Hi Binchy - good to meet you (so to speak) I have never been a layer but can understand it would not be too hard to find a system based on tipsters failures. A past mentor of mine had the sincere belief that staking was the answer to successful betting, sadly his plans were always beyond my understanding. However I would be interested to know how you base your stakes around the numbers in the race if you are willing to share.

Re: Free tipsters. It was just a basic system really. On average the Racing post Selection box has around 15 selections per day from various tipsters. So i would just use a basic points system, 0-3 selections 1pt, 4-6 2pts etc...... counting * (NAP of the day) as an extra 2 and the nb (next best bet) as 1 extra.

Re: Free tipsters. I can see the logic here and of course 1pt. can be as big or little to suit your own style. It is with regret I don't subscribe to the RP but feel this can be adapted to any chosen indicators from daily newspapers or Internet sites etc. Do you find this works out well enough for yourself? When experimenting as I am most of the time my own staking is targeted return, currently £5 i.e £1 or 4/1 (BOG) at 1/1 stake £2.50. I have never managed to profit jointly from selections and staking combined but always remember another wise sage telling me all hobbies will cost money and to ensure ours costs a little a possible (i.e. try not to lose too much). I am always interested in hearing about any other staking methods.

Re: Free tipsters. Ben Linfoot is a free tipster worth following. Big prices so long losing runs and some degree of patience needed. Sporting Life website. I'd second Ged Egan. A quick look at the Naps table in the RP shows at anyone time 75% plus are losing money - some spectacularly so. I'm sure there is a viable laying strategy there somewhere. I would actually lay all those with multiple mentions rather than back them as I think they will be significantly overbet and far below their true price due to followers of those papers backing them. Following Pricewise is a route to the poor house. The prices vanish within minutes and if you're only getting 10/1 about his 16/1 shouts you're not going to make anywhere near his headline returns.

Re: Free tipsters.

Ben Linfoot is a free tipster worth following. Big prices so long losing runs and some degree of patience needed. Sporting Life website. I'd second Ged Egan. A quick look at the Naps table in the RP shows at anyone time 75% plus are losing money - some spectacularly so. I'm sure there is a viable laying strategy there somewhere. I would actually lay all those with multiple mentions rather than back them as I think they will be significantly overbet and far below their true price due to followers of those papers backing them. Following Pricewise is a route to the poor house. The prices vanish within minutes and if you're only getting 10/1 about his 16/1 shouts you're not going to make anywhere near his headline returns.
See my laying thread, seems to be working out quite well at the min. I've been paper testing a system based on stats, I ran a thread on it a while ago but i've tweaked it a little, think after about a month or so it is 30/40pts in profit.

Re: Free tipsters. I so agree with what LBHR claims regarding obtainable prices of Pricewise and very much the same with Hugh Taylor and so profits are only possible at original figures. So, less popular tipsters must be the way to go. I will check out Ben Lightfoot although I do not like those dreadful losing runs, I just hate to see my playing bank go down. As said I am not a layer but if I can fid it I will have a look Binchy. I am re-inventing a old system of mine based on the Daily Mirror racing page(s) to find just one bet per day. It worked a while back but as with most systems disappeared where the sun does not shine. I expect short price and short losing runs. Todays little wonder is TRUENCY Ripon 7.15 £2 @ 5/4 bet365 Won at 13/8 plus a small price drift increased the profit. I will post the rules later and am not worried by improvement suggestions or otherwise.

Re: Free tipsters. QESE (Quickest Easiest System Ever) As said it has worked in the past and is based on free information taken from the Daily Mirror but I am sure could easily adapt with any source of choice. My rules (but if you are interested please change to suit or improve) Concentrate on the top 3 rated in small field handicaps of a minimum class of 4 Credit all three with a tick or score of choice: - Newsboy Bouverie CD D or C BF SF,F or EW Maximum score being 5 Having checked the races of the day choose the one horse with the highest score. If more than one thy can all be baked but I prefer just one selection and use a tie-breaker:- Race of the highest class or Value Race with the smallest field. Suggestions welcome.

Re: Free tipsters. It is always good to start with a winner and so I guess it can only go down from here. I had to brig I my Tie - breaker to find today's pick with 2 horses each with the same score and in races of the same value but chose the race with the smaller field. Kempton 7.40 BILLY BLUE @ 3/1 BOG 2nd @ 5/2

Ben Linfoot is a free tipster worth following. Big prices so long losing runs and some degree of patience needed. Sporting Life website. I'd second Ged Egan. A quick look at the Naps table in the RP shows at anyone time 75% plus are losing money - some spectacularly so. I'm sure there is a viable laying strategy there somewhere. I would actually lay all those with multiple mentions rather than back them as I think they will be significantly overbet and far below their true price due to followers of those papers backing them. Following Pricewise is a route to the poor house. The prices vanish within minutes and if you're only getting 10/1 about his 16/1 shouts you're not going to make anywhere near his headline returns.
I am having trouble finding Ben Linfoot, does he post every day?

Re: Free tipsters. Hi Linfoot mainly posts during festivals and at the weekend for Sporting Life Betting zone. He posted all through Goodwood where he posted a loss and he is on a mini bad run. He is up around 65 odd points to advised prices since the start of the flat season in April (Im up around 50 as prices go although not Pricewise quick).. He is also on Twitter (I think). Almost all selections are double figures and you need to back every one as sure as anything the weekend you skip he will knock in a 33/1 winner.

Re: Free tipsters. Thanks for the reply LBHR. I did in fact find a posting from him today but was a non runner. Being very cautious with my betting I would approach with only small stakes but do wonder how it stacks up with each way bets?

It is always good to start with a winner and so I guess it can only go down from here. I had to bring I my Tie - breaker to find today's pick with 2 horses each with the same score and in races of the same value but chose the race with the smaller field. Kempton 7.40 BILLY BLUE @ 3/1 BOG 2nd @ 5/2
In the frame justifies my inbred caution of splitting my stake and betting each way. Hardened betters will berate such a cautious betting style but it is one which suits me and so my £2 played as £1ew returns a 40p loss.

With over 30 viewings I was hoping for a quick response but perhaps I am out of step with modern betting but then I ask why are there a million viewers on Saturday for the Morning Line and why is Pricewise so popular? I was hoping that it would be possible to get a system or perhaps a staking suggestion built around a free tipster, something to benefit us all, maybe there is still time.
Hi Sheeny, welcome to the PL, sorry haven't replied earlier. You may have better luck with your original question in the main racing section rather than the systems section funny enough. The system guys have probably gone beyond the free tipster route and some are very serious (and protective) about there selection criteria anyway. This thread has bought back some memories though, I use to use the Daily Mirror many moons ago as did my dad who used to swear by anything that was tipped by Newsboy/Bouverie and was also the spot horse. Used to get a couple of selections a day and had a decent strike rate. Good luck, and by the way editing posts is a no no in here, just put the results in a separate thread (rules at top of page) :ok

Hi Sheeny, welcome to the PL, sorry haven't replied earlier. You may have better luck with your original question in the main racing section rather than the systems section funny enough. The system guys have probably gone beyond the free tipster route and some are very serious (and protective) about there selection criteria anyway. This thread has bought back some memories though, I use to use the Daily Mirror many moons ago as did my dad who used to swear by anything that was tipped by Newsboy/Bouverie and was also the spot horse. Used to get a couple of selections a day and had a decent strike rate. Good luck, and by the way editing posts is a no no in here, just put the results in a separate thread (rules at top of page) :ok
Quite a lot to talk about today but I have not had much free time. I think I have missed the rule reading edit's but have just checked and still missing it but sorry although I find it neat way to up date but "When in Rome . . " Mind you if I cannot figure this typing problem which is driving me mad I doubt if I will hang around too long. The Mirror (Red Rag) has many virtues on the racing pages but will by-pass them all for now until the typo' is sorted. Ben Linfoot suggests BOP IT 4.10 Haydock today and I have had little e/w at 7/2

LBHR did warn that Be Linfoot experienced some extensive losing runs. BOP IT has got the fist loser out of the way and we was warned.

Within my own cautious way I will again play my pick for today each way: - MAOI CHINN TIRE Haydock 5.10 @ 9/2 BOG
Aha non runner. It would be easy to go looking for a replacement bet especially as there are 3 evening meetings but any selection will only ever be second best and so I shall wait until tomorrow.

Re: Free tipsters. PANTHER PATROL running in the 4.10 at Brighton today has to be my top rated today @ 15/8. The D. Mirror 2nd tipster (Bouvrie) gives I the thumbs up as well as being the SPOT Horse along with having SF and a "D" I the form line but I am worried with such bad weather predicted. *This will be my final post until I can get this typing problem sorted out.

Re: Free tipsters. I am testing an old lap top I found at the back of a cupboard to check out this typing problem I am experiencing, so far it is looking OK. Another posting from Ben Linfoot of the Sporting life site suggests MUHAWALAH at Brighton 3.40 today. This was quite pleasing because I am trying to put together a check list based on the delightful FENMAN and MUHAWAKAH was the only pick of the day. Are any members here a follower in any way of Fenman's ideas?

I am testing an old lap top I found at the back of a cupboard to check out this typing problem I am experiencing, so far it is looking OK. Another posting from Ben Linfoot of the Sporting life site suggests MUHAWALAH at Brighton 3.40 today. This was quite pleasing because I am trying to put together a check list based on the delightful FENMAN and MUHAWAKAH was the only pick of the day. Are any members here a follower in any way of Fenman's ideas?
MUHAWALAH being 2nd one again suggests betting each way can be justified if any punter has a cautious nature and returns almost the full stake.

PANTHER PATROL running in the 4.10 at Brighton today has to be my top rated today @ 15/8. The D. Mirror 2nd tipster (Bouvrie) gives I the thumbs up as well as being the SPOT Horse along with having SF and a "D" In the form line but I am worried with such bad weather predicted. *This will be my final post until I can get this typing problem sorted out.
PANTHER PATROL wins at 9/4. I am sure system workers experience the same as myself that they can become tired but can come back after a rest.

Re: Free tipsters. It looks very much as if my typing problems have been sorted, well I do hope so and who would have thought Internet Explorer did not like something within the Punters Lounge system. Back to business at last. In a previous post I put in a word for FENMAN and did ask if any here have used any of his ideas, either for the good or not so good but would love to swap ideas etc.

Re: Free tipsters. Having sorted my typing problems which look to have been all to do with a conflict between Internet Explorer and the programming of this forum but happily Firefox looks to have done the trick. Back to racing and todays meetings once again have not done my own systems any favours but checking my very own QESE there looks to be a standout selection. ELLAL racing in the 4.25 Carlisle is available at 9/4. Ellal is second in the Mirror ratings, it has a SF credit (Strongly Fancied), tipped by Bouverie as well as a former CD winner and if that is not enough the recent form is cracking and is favourite in both the forecast and live market. It all looks too good to be true but as the old saying "We should not look a gift horse in the mouth" or something like that. Good luck.

I have a laying based thread which is sort of based around the Selections Box in the Racing Post. I also have had systems in the past where the staking plan is based around the number of selections in the above.
Understatement of the year: "I have a laying based thread..."

Having sorted my typing problems which look to have been all to do with a conflict between Internet Explorer and the programming of this forum but happily Firefox looks to have done the trick. Back to racing and todays meetings once again have not done my own systems any favours but checking my very own QESE there looks to be a standout selection. ELLAL racing in the 4.25 Carlisle is available at 9/4. Ellal is second in the Mirror ratings, it has a SF credit (Strongly Fancied), tipped by Bouverie as well as a former CD winner and if that is not enough the recent form is cracking and is favourite in both the forecast and live market. It all looks too good to be true but as the old saying "We should not look a gift horse in the mouth" or something like that. Good luck.
Despite all the pointers indicating the selection to be a good one it sadly was not.