** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England vs India - Test Series

kevshat

The main Test series of the summer begins on Wednesday when England host India for a five match series. All five matches are live on Sky in the UK and India look to have a competitive squad with them which should make for a much more competitive series than the last time they were here. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Wed Jul 9 - Sun Jul 13 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Investec Test - England v India Trent Bridge, Nottingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Jul 17 - Mon Jul 21 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Investec Test - England v India Lord's, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jul 27 - Thu Jul 31 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Investec Test - England v India The Rose Bowl, Southampton [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Aug 7 - Mon Aug 11 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th Investec Test - England v India Old Trafford, Manchester [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Aug 15 - Tue Aug 19 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th Investec Test - England v India Kennington Oval, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England vs India - Test Series Series preview: 1pt England to win 1-0 66/1 Coral 2pts England to win 2-0 22/1 Stan James Despite Anderson and Broad looking tired against Sri Lanka and despite the absence of a top level spinner I still think England will find a way to win this series. It may just be that they catch India cold at Trent Bridge and then cling on for the rest of the matches to secure a narrow series win. I certainly don’t see this series having many positive results and I expect it to be closer than the odds dictate so it may pay to take England on the low scoring correct scores rather than to chuck a wedge at the series win and end up spending the summer sweating for more reasons than just the heat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-test-series-betting-england-can-edge-tight-series

Re: England vs India - Test Series Top England Series Batsman preview: 2pts G.Ballance Top England Series Batsman 11/2 Bet365 One man who has impressed me in his short spell in England colours is Gary Ballance and he looks good value to me at 11/2 here. Ballance would have been England’s leading scorer in the Sri Lanka series but for Root’s double ton at Lords and I think he will play India’s seamers well and behind left handed he should be more suited to playing Ravi Jadeja’s spin too. Ballance has been in good nick all summer and at 11/2 he’s worth a bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-test-series-betting-gary-ballance-can-top-score-for-the-home-side

Re: England vs India - Test Series Top India Series Batsman preview: 1pt ew A.Rahane Top India Series Batsman 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1-3) I’m a big fan of Ajinkya Rahane though and I see no reason why we shouldn’t take a chance with him at a double figure price. He averages just under 50 in his short Test career but unlike some Indian records that isn’t padded as he’s yet to play a Test on home soil. Scores of 47, 51 and 96 in South Africa show that he can score against the world’s best fast bowlers and his 118 in Wellington shows that was no fluke. At number five he shouldn’t be facing the new ball very often so he can enjoy conditions and go very well in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-test-series-betting-ajinkya-rahane-can-outscore-more-illustrious-colleagues

Re: England vs India - Test Series Top England Series Bowler preview: 2pts B.Stokes Top England Series Bowler 7/1 BetVictor Ben Stokes is probably the freshest England player in the squad after his injuries early in the summer and the good thing about him is he can get both normal and reverse swing and he’s got some pace if the wicket is flat. He showed he can take wickets at this level out in Australia in the winter and if anyone is going to play all five matches in this series it may well be the Durham man. At 7/1 he looks the standout market in this field. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-test-series-betting-freshness-can-be-key-to-stokes-taking-most-wickets

Re: England vs India - Test Series Top India Series Bowler preview: 2pts I.Sharma Top India Series Bowler 5/1 Winner Sports MS Dhoni seems to like Ishant Sharma so it may pay to be with him for this series. One thing Sharma has going for him is he gets through an awful lot of work and he has been over here before so he’ll know how to bowl in these conditions which could be vital. I don’t know just how many wickets India will take in the series but however many they do take it wouldn’t be a surprise to me if Sharma has accounted for the most of them. At 5/1 he looks good value. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-test-series-betting-ishant-sharma-looks-overpriced-for-top-india-bowler

Re: England vs India - Test Series 1st Test preview: 4pts J.Anderson's Performance - Over 99.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power One man who loves this ground is Jimmy Anderson. He has a wonderful recent record here. He has 49 wickets in seven matches here including six five wicket hauls. Two of those five wicket hauls came in a dominant performance here last year. His career best bowling figures came on this ground and his wickets come at less than 18 each. Although he is a bowler he often fields in key positions so there is plenty of scoring available to him here to cover a performance line of 99.5. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-1st-test-betting-james-anderson-can-shine-at-trent-bridge

Re: England vs India - Test Series

1st Test preview: 4pts J.Anderson's Performance - Over 99.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power One man who loves this ground is Jimmy Anderson. He has a wonderful recent record here. He has 49 wickets in seven matches here including six five wicket hauls. Two of those five wicket hauls came in a dominant performance here last year. His career best bowling figures came on this ground and his wickets come at less than 18 each. Although he is a bowler he often fields in key positions so there is plenty of scoring available to him here to cover a performance line of 99.5. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-1st-test-betting-james-anderson-can-shine-at-trent-bridge
Actually thought he was going to cover that line with the bat alone!!!

Re: England vs India - Test Series 2nd Test preview: 4pts S.Broad's Performance Pts - Over 109.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power Stuart Broad did as well as any of the English bowlers on a rotten Trent Bridge wicket last week and he often enjoys playing at Lords so there is plenty of reason to believe that he will be able to cover his performance line of 109.5. He put together a total of 111 here last month against Sri Lanka and both his best batting and bowling figures have come on this ground. Broad totalled 127pts last week so on a wicket which should suit him a lot more I expect this total to be reached too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-2nd-test-betting-stuart-broad-can-enjoy-lord-s-conditions

Re: England vs India - Test Series 3rd Test preview: 3pts the Draw 15/8 Betway I think the draw is overpriced here. This wicket should be flat and with a spell of showers heading through the South during this match we may lose some time. We’ve seen all series that both sides have struggled to bowl the other out and I don’t expect either to be blown away on this wicket. India can protect their lead now which could take more time out of the game and ensure it ends in a draw. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-3rd-test-betting-the-draw-looks-overpriced-at-the-ageas-bowl

Re: England vs India - Test Series 5pts Cook's performance points - Under 80.5 @ 1.83 Paddypower Cook got 35 performance points (1 wicket and 1 catch and 5 runs) in the 1st test and 62 performance points (3 catches, 32 runs) in the 2nd test. Given how he has played in the first two test matches thus far, I fancy this line to land again. I was taking a look at the spread markets for Cook and was pretty tempted by one, Cook's series runs sell @ 250 SportingIndex. He is currently 37/2. Does anyone think that this might be a risky play and that Cook might finally show up and bat well in the remaining of this series? Thanks!

Re: England vs India - Test Series Maybe England will fight back but 5/2 a very generous price on India in my opinion. Weather forecast when I checked now is 5 clear days in Southampton. Also reported it will be a track similar to Lords - green to start and turning towards the end of the test. Should be a result. India were better than England in the last test and can do same again - pressure mounting on Cook and England and they can collapse again. I'm not worried about the Toss - if England bat first there can be wickets, and if India bat first I think they can put up a good first innings total. Hope the reports on the wicket prove to be correct India @5/2 Boylesports

Re: England vs India - Test Series

Yeah' date=' 80.5 and 250 look far too low to me to be taking the unders. Even as badly as he is playing, by the law of averages and on fairly easy pitches for batting he has to be due a reasonable score at some point. He can't keep getting out for these low scores.[/quote'] Seems like you were spot on. Thanks for talking me out of taking on the spread line. -5pts

• 2 weeks later...

Re: England vs India - Test Series 4th Test preview: 4pts the Draw 23/20 Boylesports Results in this series have been hard fought and even without rain all three matches have gone into a final day. Rain is expected at Old Trafford this week so that should ensure the chances of the draw are significantly high. It looks like India are going to strengthen their batting further which makes the draw more likely too especially with them likely to fancy their chances at The Oval. England’s bowlers have done plenty of work this summer and may start to struggle so I like the draw here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-4th-test-betting-dodgy-forecast-makes-the-draw-look-solid

Re: England vs India - Test Series 5th Test preview: 4pts England to win 5th Test 5/4 Bet365 When this series began I thought this could be a dangerous match for England because the longer this match goes ahead the more I expected it to suit India but they way the Indians have played Moeen Ali in the last two matches I’m not so sure now. This India batting line up now look scared both of Broad and Anderson and of Ali and with England’s key batsmen now performing I think the home side can seal this series in style. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-india-5th-test-betting-england-can-seal-the-series-in-style

Re: England vs India - Test Series That was a factor for sure. The dropped catch which got Cook back into form was another difference but the last couple of weeks India just looked like a side not used to playing series more than three matches to me. Incredibly poor from them. Almost embarassingly so.