** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Site recommendation please

sjs19813

hi have played a fair bit of texas hold em in the past and want to try online can anyone recommend a good site, preferably one with not to many strong players which is good to use, always got tables playing with lots of people but with not to greater stakes say $1-$2 tables thanks

Re: Site recommendation please Well Bet365 at the moment is what I use, more because I play in STTs really and the buy - in is better value there than Ladbrokes and it pretty much uses the same interface. I prefer Bet365 because Pokerroom.com puts me off (I begin to read the characters rather than the players), William Hills I've found has a fussy interface, is unlucky for me, and I've come across some really arrogant people there (but hey they can't all be bad as some from here play there). From what I've read on here and seen there are a lot of not so wonderful players on Bet365 too (myself included!) but we've all got to learn somehow, and for me it's a good start. If it's your first online playing, I would reccomend you play in some low level STTs or a freeroll until you get used to the way it all works as it's way too easy to throw money away on the cash tables, but hey I'm a beginner whereas you're experienced so will probably do better! Anyway, Good luck!

Re: Site recommendation please If you are playing cash games William Hill, UK betting, Totalbet and Ritz Club (who all use the same software) pay you £5 per hour for the first five hours play every month. Those nice people at William Hill are also doing a random "cash drop" promotion until the end of April. Tonight I was playing a $1/$2 limit table and was lucky enough to be awarded a random £50 cash drop. I will never say a bad word against William Hill again. :D

Re: Site recommendation please Lots of good advice in this thread sjs.... Personally I would recommend bet365poker/pokerstars/ladbrokes/william hill Lots of cheap tourneys and cash tables to choose from, look out for poker rooms offering good bonuses as well and make sure to take full advantage of them :ok Jez

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Site recommendation please I've had enough of the VC conspiracy and I'm looking for a new website to use but don't which one to pick. I mainly play low buy-in STT $1 - $5. I like the look of bet365poker's interface. Does anyone know of any bonuses for this website? I'd also be very interested in anybody's recommendations, ideally detailing if the website offers low level buy-ins together with any sign up bonus. Thanks in advance of your advice.

Re: Site recommendation please Alright topnotch! If you are playing $5 STT's Bet365 only charge $0.5 rather than the $1 that party poker, paradise poker, william hill etc charge. Once you get up to the $10 tournaments they charge the same. You can also play tournaments from $0.75 +0.25 upward. Sign on bonus:

To celebrate the launch of our exciting new Multi-Player poker service we are offering $50* in free poker chips to all new players.

It’s as simple as this… Download bet365poker. Register and purchase at least $50* in poker chips (if you are an existing bet365 or site powered by bet365 customer, simply log-in using your existing username and password). Play poker to at least $50 in total stakes (check your poker play history using Playcheck). Once you have played 50 raked hands (a raked hand is one were you are dealt cards in a cash game and the pot reached the agreed level and a rake is taken of 0.25c and above) you will be entitled to receive your first instalment of your bonus of $10. Once a further 50 raked hands have been played an additional $10 bonus can be claimed Once a further 50 raked hands have been played an additional $10 bonus can be claimed Once a further 50 raked hands have been played an additional $10 bonus can be claimed Once a further 50 raked hands have been played an additional $10 bonus can be claimed To a total bonus amount of $50, having played a minimum of 250 raked hands. To claim your free poker chips please email [email protected]. Free poker chips will be deposited into your account within 48 hours of receiving your claim (*please note for other currencies you will need to purchase an amount equivalent to $50 in poker chips).
Hope that helped :ok