Systems Talk

I just wanted to take a minute to post a few thoughts about the forum. The main thing being the appearance of a few discussional threads. Although I havnt participated in them much myself, either due to lack of time or knowledge, its great to see them around. For those old timers about Im sure you'll remember what the forum used to be like. Many discussions exploring systems and money staking, pros and cons of certain systems posted up and people adding their thoughts. Back then there were few active systems though(as far as I can remember). Now we've got to a point where they are plenty of systems around, many looking very promising. Id felt though that the forum had lost something without these discussional threads. Now we have the neural network thread, tournament betting thread and the football rating system thread. All long threads with some intelligent and indepth debate and discussion. I feel that the right blend between these threads and the active systems is just what the forum needs. So if you have anything you want to discuss about systems, strategies, staking plans etc then feel free. Maybe how you use your systems. Do you keep seperate banks for seperate systems? If so do you view these completly different or as sub banks of a larger bank? Do you use multiple systems or just the one? So remember this forums not just about posting up a selection process and then giving us your results. Any views to do with sysytems in anyway are welcome and encouraged. Keep up the good work guys! Ill keep this at the top for a while just so people get to see it.

Re: Systems Talk Dear wfte, I must admit I am guilty of a 'posting a thread with predictions for a system,' (of sorts), on the 'A' Class thread, but I will endeavour to be more informative on spread betting when making my regular update posts. Merlin is doing a good job trying to keep the ' neural networks' ball rolling, but as you so correctly surmise, pl'ers won't input if they dont understand clearly what the french connection u.k. we are rattling on about. To this end I would say , whilst I'm wearing a silly conical, (and comical), hat with a big 'D' on it, " don't be afraid to ask" - I know that I prattle on about 'tg's', 'shirts' and ' make ups' etc., so, guilty m'lud, as charged. I am a relative 'newbie' to the forum, so don't want to tread on the veteran pl thread posters' toes, but how about trying to introduce some 'new blood' to the forum?( Poach them from other forums/websites, if poss.!). Anyway, just a suggestion. Spreadman.:ok :ok :ok

Re: Systems Talk

Dear wfte, I must admit I am guilty of a 'posting a thread with predictions for a system,' (of sorts), on the 'A' Class thread
Dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with this at all. Its just nice to see some discussion happening again rather than nothing but threads full of selections. If you get round to it a thread on spread betting would be great. Spread betting in itself could be considered a betting strategy as it differs from your "normal" fixed odds. Like you said , i feel a lot of people shy aware from it as they dont fully understand the workings.