Tennis Masters Series : Monte Carlo (11th April - 17th April)

As the new Masters Series tournament gets underway on Monday, thought here might be a few good bets to look out for. ;) 10pts Novak-Stepanek (2.32 @ William Hill) :D Novak should have little trouble beating Mirnyi. Mirnyi, whose game revolves around his mega serves, will no doubt struggle to get any sort of rhythm going as claycourt surfaces are notoriously hard on big servers. Novak's all-round game is just that much better. Similarly, Stepanek's all-round game could well prove decisive against Spadea whose movement on clay looks unnatural and mediocre at best. Without too much in his armour to help him gain an edge, I just can't see the American beating the Czech. 10pts Zabaleta-Ferrero (2.13 @ William Hill) :D Ferrero is just head and shoulders above Karlovic on clay and that's pretty much self-explanatory and stuff for the accumulators. Zabaleta has proved himself time and again he's a very decent claycourt player and has a game tailored to beat an awful lot of high-ranking players who aren't exactly adept on clay. I'm afraid Henman falls under this category and I can only see him struggling on his very first test against what's a very solid claycourt player. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100pts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Monte Carlo (11th April - 17th April) For me the usual stupid bets to start with, and then trying to claw back my losses by the end of the tournie. Start bank of £200. Doubles and trebles @ £1 and a £16 accumulator: Volandri Ferrero Novak Davydenko Federer Stepanek Berdych Johansson Doubles and trables @ £1 and a £16 accy: Costa Martin Ferrer Gonzalez Canas Kuerten Ljubicic Chela

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.