What do you love about racing?

I was asked this question a few years ago in an interview and I clearly wasn't ready for it, as I gave a crap answer and didn't get the job - but now I know what it is that I love; the characters! In what other sport do you get characters like Mick Easterby or up-and-coming jockeys getting more exposure on the box than established names? They can be so accessible, too. Just the other week, myself and Robertof spoke with Richard Hills at Newmarket. I doubt former stars from other sports would be as accommodating. I love a winner as much as the next punter, but as long as you're not relying on grabbing a 1st as you're only means of income, there's got to be something else that attracts you to raving, surely? Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: What do you love about racing? I'm definitely in the 'crossword puzzle' camp where I enjoy solving a puzzle and look upon a race as a challenge to sort out the clues, assess the evidence and find the answer I look upon it as an intellectual exercise and that's what I enjoy I don't really enjoy 'characters'. I tend to think they just trot out clichés and trite answers..........I'll often flick over if someone is being interviewed........:unsure

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.