** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My bad red-eye experience..

Well, as some of you know I won through to a $50 tourney @ 03:30 this morning and was deliberating wether to play or not. I decided to give it a shot and thought I'd get up at 4am and miss the first 1/2 hour and not ante away too much. Mistake #1 : Start time 04:30 UK time :( 1/2 and hour to start aaarrrggghhh ... oh well I was up now. Bought some sh1t i didn't need of eBay and waited. 96 Players ... Started well and hovered around the 20-30 mark for first hour. Mistake #2 : Opened lobby and realised this was another satellite for a $600 tourney on 28th May when I'm on holiday aaaaaarrrrrggghhh.... Oh well I was up now. Bought more sh1t i didn't need of eBay and waited. Mistake # 3: Got down to last 20 and fell asleep for 4 full rounds whittling away my stack from a healthy 9000 to 3300 aaaaarrrrrrggghhh Now in 10th place . 1-7 is a seat in next tourney and 8-10 is prize money ($30 - $80 ish).. blinds 600 & 1.2k Slip to 12th with a bad beat and quickly lose all in with AKs to 22 Finished 12th .. 2 places off the money ... 5 places off the seat.. 5 hours off a good night's sleep :) Now I'm knackered with a days work in prospect and lack of sleep (apart from the 4 full rounds). All my own fault I know but I thought I'd share it with the group for you to giggle @ my misfortune. Mike aka spike66 PS thanks for the game last night.. it was tighter than I thought it would be.. awaiting the next one !

Re: My bad red-eye experience.. ul mike, I would always rather go out first hand with my AA being shot down in a blaze of glory or something than play for hours and just miss out!Nevermind...good experience and you will prob look at the start times a bit closer from now on :lol - I bet your sellers on ebay liked it tho ;) Jez